Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
VigLink technology instantly and automatically works to monetize content found on the web, mobile platforms and Apps. VigLink is located in heart of San Francisco and backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Emergence Capital, and RRE. VigLink manages a publisher network of over 300,000 sites and apps, a well as an advertiser network of over 40,000 brands and merchants.
About the Senior Data Scientist role:
VigLink is looking for a Senior Data Scientist with strong Hadoop, Hive and SQL skills, and experience creating production-quality code in Python, R, or other related languages. We are looking for folks who enjoy working on a variety of different types of analyses, ranging from ad-hoc "data wrangling" tasks through the creation of full-blown programs to calculate business-critical, customer-visible values on an ongoing basis, enjoy thinking through a data problem, understanding the customer needs associated with it, and working on your own and with other developers to create a pragmatic solution.
At VigLink we love leaders and people who like working in an Agile best-practices environment - who understand the importance of testable, modular, efficient code, so that's what you write.
A few of the fun problems we're working on:
Feature Extraction and Context / Product Inference
Identify the commercial context of publisher content, identify the relevance of commercial links to that content, and match relevant destinations to appropriate products / services available across the web;
Statistical Modeling and Prediction of Earnings
Model the performance of our existing publishers and merchants to predict future performance at high granularity.
Large-Data Analytics and Audience Profiling
Develop automated insights that help publishers improve their performance by developing a better understanding of their audiences based on billions of impressions and tens of millions of clicks per week. Do this for thousands of publishers in a scalable and relevant way.
Select the most appropriate destination for a commercial link, based on what is best for the viewer and the publisher. Balance estimated publisher earnings (based on earnings per click, location, device type, etc) with viewer relevance and good viewer experience.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science preferred with a strong academic record (MS/PhD or equivalent a plus).
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant analytics tasks with Strong Python, R, Matlab, or related language, experience with Java, or a JVM based language like Scala or Clojure will be a huge plus;
- Good understanding of databases and SQL, experience with the Hadoop ecosystem, particularly Pig and Hive is a plus
- Capacious curiosity for data and algorithms, and how to apply them to create insight.
- Experience in the ecommerce, web analytics, search, and cloud computing space;
- Experience with Linux/Unix—you are comfortable on the command line.
Back to top