The VideoBlocks Finance team seeks a Tax Accountant (Staff) who will be the Company’s go-to for all things related to taxes. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting and Finance, this new role will be both external and internal facing. The selected candidate be responsible for processing our monthly review of contributor (payee) tax forms, prior to our monthly payout on or around the 15th of the month. The new hire will be responsible for the working internally with other teams to ensure that the tax review process happens smoothly, among other duties. In addition, the selected candidate will also be responsible for the preparation, of federal, state and withholding taxes payments and reporting.
The ideal candidate has an innate customer service focus, working with payees to ensure that a valid tax form is provided prior to payment, and that they have completed all necessary parts depending on the payee’s tax status. We are looking for a team player who can thrive in a collaborative environment! The new team member will play an integral part in establishing and implementing tax review processes, ensuring that the reviews are completed in a timely manner every month and that we are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
At VideoBlocks, we take our values seriously; Communicate Fearlessly, Hire People Who Deserve to Have Egos But Don’t, Everyone Empties the Dishwasher, We Heart Data and When the Community Wins We Win. The ideal candidate will believe in and adopt these values in their day-to-day responsibilities at VideoBlocks.
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax as well as withholding (eg: 1042-S earnings) payments.
- Prepare annual 1099 and 1042-s reporting
- Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
- Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
- Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
- Prepare various personal property tax returns.
- Prepare/Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
- Research projects.
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Maintain our tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
- Other tax projects as they arise.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- Advise on internationalization and tax implications of local payment processing
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reasons even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred. Combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferable.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
Meet Some of VideoBlocks's Employees
Back to top