Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of developers and help design and build our increasingly complex architecture. You will work on a team of top-notch engineers responsible for supporting the tech behind our current and future web properties. If you are looking for a place where, on any given day, you could be architecting Docker containers for a production environment, tuning Elasticsearch for an optimized search algorithm, deploying auto-scaling servers in AWS, writing new features in PHP/MySQL and Node js/Mongo, soldering servo drivers for your latest hackathon project, or problem-solving with marketing and analytics to troubleshoot the latest data anomaly, then this is the place for you!
- Develop features within Agile/Scrum environment for our core products and supporting technologies
- Practice test-driven development with regular participation in code reviews and design reviews
- Come up with fun projects for our regular hackathons
- Communicate directly with our Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Finance, and Content teams regularly to refine requirements and develop features
- Be a team player! Be honest, give regular constructive feedback, come up with team activities, etc. Help the team grow and help Storyblocks grow you
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficient in any structured and object-oriented programming languages (we're language agnostic), relational databases, or NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and develop large-scale software products
- Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels across functions
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or a suitable technical certification
Storyblocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Meet Some of VideoBlocks's Employees
Back to top