Senior Manager/Director of Product Marketing
VideoBlocks offers a subscription-based service that empowers the creative community by providing affordable, high quality stock media. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com, we have launched two products focused on images (www.graphicstock.com) and music (www.audioblocks.com) with similar subscription models. A new marketplace launched in 2015, to further expand our library of creative content.
We have been recognized by the Inc 5000 five consecutive years, by Deloitte’s Fast 500 four consecutive years, and by DC Inno as one of Washington’s Coolest Companies three consecutive years. We foster an energetic office environment filled with talented team from a number of backgrounds, and offer growth opportunities to anyone who is willing to work hard, and contribute to our shared goals, vision and values.
We are looking for an experienced product marketer to help increase our market share by developing, positioning and defining our offerings; managing product launches; and helping shape our larger marketing strategy. In this role you will report to the VP of Marketing and partner closely with the Product, Content and Contributor Engagement, and Customer Insights and Analytics Teams.
• Storytelling. Define the positioning, value proposition, messaging and competitive differentiation for our services and offerings.
• Defining the offering. Create tiered bundles of services for various market segments and determine optimal pricing. Develop an offering portfolio that will enable more cross-selling opportunities.
• Segmenting. Understand our audience and consumer insights. Define the best way to segment our customers and package our offering for different audiences.
• Go-to-market. Plan the launch of new products and services, ensure readiness and coordinate implementation cross-functionally.
• Market analysis. Identify key markets, customer needs and trends; understand the competitive landscape; and seek opportunities for VideoBlocks to differentiate and build competitive advantage. Size, assess and prioritize new market opportunities as they arise.
• Marketing and Sales Support. Empower the sales and marketing teams by providing tools and resources to help them win customers, including positioning and messaging frameworks, sales materials, and launch plans. Partner closely with them to develop strategy that they feel confident they can execute on and will deliver positive in-market results.
• 5+ years in product marketing or relevant experience, preferably in a services/subscription-based industry. Both B2B and B2C experience are desirable.
• Strategic thinker. Always thinking about how to build our brand and create a competitive advantage for VideoBlocks while addressing customer needs.
• Analytical skills. Comfortable with sizing addressable markets and new opportunities to creating pricing models.
• Consumer-centric. Gains a deep understanding of our customers and prospects and uses this to create marketing strategy. Comfortable with using different market research techniques to gain insights and validation.
• Creative thinker. Demonstrates creativity and thinks broadly about challenges.
• Execution. Is comfortable rolling up sleeves and getting work done. This role will be building out a new product marketing function and initially start as a team of one (with support across the organization).
• Excellent communication and influencing skills. Comfortable communicating and working across many functions, taking input and driving towards a shared vision and strategy.
• Excellent people and management skills. Have built out, managed and led marketing teams.
• Demonstrates our core values.
Video Blocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Meet Some of VideoBlocks's Employees
Content Marketing Manager
Melissa mans the VideoBlocks social media presence and writes content for the company’s blog and other content platforms. She also helps create and sustain a consistent brand image.
Back to top