Sales Development Representative
Storyblocks offers a subscription-based service that empowers the creative community by providing affordable, high quality stock media. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com, in the last year we have launched two additional properties focused on graphics (www.graphicstock.com) and audio (www.audioblocks.com) with similar subscription models. A new marketplace product will launch in 2015, further expanding our offerings.
We have been recognized by the Inc 500 as the 4th fastest growing media company in the US, and Deloitte’s Fast 500 as the 32nd fastest growing technology company - #2 in the DC metro area. We foster an energetic office environment filled with talented people from a number of backgrounds, and offer growth opportunities to anyone who is willing to work hard, and who values progress over perfection.
Enterprise sales represents a new, rapidly growing business unit within Storyblocks Customers like BuzzFeed and Vistaprint leverage our content platform to save on production costs, and provide better creative tools to their customers. To accelerate our growth in this new vertical, we are building out our outbound sales efforts.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is an entry-level position and will generate demand for Stroyblocks' Enterprise division. SDRs have one exclusive focus: to review, contact, and qualify MQLs from the demand generation team and deliver SALs to the Director of Sales. This is a role that is very heavily focused on prospecting, cold calling and the use of effective email communication strategies.
The ideal candidate has an innate ability to qualify and influence prospects over the phone using BANT criteria. Our SDR will be a self-starter, professionally aggressive, well organized, and motivated to grow and succeed. There is significant growth opportunity that comes with this role as our sales organization continues to grow and evolve.
• Highly visible role as we continue to build out our sales team to support our rapid growth
• Coordinate closely with Sales Management to support, research, prospect, and secure a sufficient flow of qualified opportunities
• Educate and qualify leads via phone and email to create sales-ready opportunities
• Manage and qualify inbound lead traffic
• Collaborate with Director of Lead Generation to support successful outbound campaigns
• Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up, and generate interest
• Develop, present and implement plans to your manager for acquiring new business in your assigned area - including activity reports, performance milestones and resource requirements
• Provide weekly/monthly activity metrics
• Manage your time and effectively prioritize to exceed monthly and quarterly lead quotas
• Track all prospecting and lead management activities in Salesforce, Yesware and InsightSquared
• Proactively look for new opportunities to improve and optimize end-to-end lead management
Desired Applicant Experience
• College degree
• Minimum of 1 year of B2B sales experience focusing in demand gen or cold call sales
• Experience in a creative commercial market a plus
• Direct experience as a front-line user in Salesforce.com a plus
• Competitive nature - should be eager to learn and win
• Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, and objection handling skills
• Superior communications skills - both verbal and written
• Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills
• Strong analytical thinker
• Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills
• Passion for testing, measuring and improving marketing campaign effectiveness
• Self-motivated, independent worker
Storyblocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Back to top