VideoBlocks is a subscription-based stock digital media company headquartered in Reston, VA. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com, we have two additional subscription products focused on the graphic and web design marketing (www.graphicstock.com) and production music (www.audioblocks.com). We empower customers to enhance their creative projects, ranging from professional production studios like NBC, to pro-sumers and enthusiasts like colleges, churches, and video editing hobbyists. The Company was founded in 2009 with the vision to offer affordable stock media that everyone could enjoy, not just those with big budgets.
We were recognized by Inc. 500 as the 4th fastest growing media company in the US, and Deloitte’s Fast 500 as the 32nd fastest growing technology company - #2 in the DC metro area. We foster an energetic office environment filled with talented people from a number of backgrounds and offer growth opportunities to anyone who is willing to work hard, and who values progress over perfection.
You can learn more about us at www.WeAreVideoBlocks.com.
We are looking for an experienced product designer that can create high-quality interfaces, web pages, and emails for all three of our products (VideoBlocks, GraphicStock, AudioBlocks). He or she will work closely with the product, marketing, and engineering teams to develop designs from concept to release. This role involves researching competitor products, sketching wireframes, creating high-fidelity mockups, and A/B Testing designs all while sticking to brand guidelines.
The ideal candidate has a strong portfolio, a keen eye for details, understands best UX practices, follows current web trends, and has a passion for all things design. Strong organizational and technical skills are essential. He or she must be a team player and be able deliver under tight deadlines. If you are a fun, enthusiastic designer passionate about the user experience then we want to hear from you!
• Create stunning visual designs for our suite of products that engage our users and follow UX/UI best practices
• Design product pages that display video, photo, and audio content
• Provide designs for content and acquisition campaigns
• Align product designs to meet company goals under tight deadlines
• Promote, share, and foster design best practices within the organization
• Research competition and other e-commerce websites for inspiration and best practices
• Contribute to branding initiatives
• Strong portfolio with examples of digital work, strongly preferred in a B2C environment
• BS/BA in Graphic Design or related field
• 2+ years experience in a corporate/agency/startup setting
• Possess Marketing, International, and e-commerce experience
• UI/UX proficient, demonstrating best web design practices
• Experience designing for HTML/CSS in a bootstrap environment
• Able to work in an Agile framework with quick turnarounds
• Ability to create and turn wireframes into high-res mockups
• Mobile design experience a plus
• Photo, video, and animation experience a plus
• Proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch
• Knowledge of Premiere Pro and After Effects a plus
• Able to work on multiple projects with stakeholders
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Team Player — able to give and receive constructive feedback
• A passion for digital products and pixel perfect design
• A creative mindset and positive attitude
• A casual, fun and fast-paced work environment with unrivaled peers
• Competitive salary and benefits, including 100%-paid comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
• Unlimited vacation with flexible work-from-home options
• Stipends for attending various training programs and conferences
• Roth and Traditional 401(k) Plan
• Fully stocked Kitchen with weekly PeaPod delivery
• Free gym membership
• Unlimited massages in our state-of-the-art massage chair
• Free ping pong lessons!
VideoBlocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Meet Some of VideoBlocks's Employees
Content Marketing Manager
Melissa mans the VideoBlocks social media presence and writes content for the company’s blog and other content platforms. She also helps create and sustain a consistent brand image.
Back to top