Manager, Growth & Strategy
VideoBlocks offers a subscription-based service that empowers the creative community by providing affordable, high quality stock media. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com, we have launched two products focused on images (www.graphicstock.com) and music (www.audioblocks.com) with similar subscription models. A new marketplace launched in 2015, to further expand our library of creative content.
We have been recognized by the Inc 5000 five consecutive years, by Deloitte’s Fast 500 four consecutive years, and by DC Inno as one of Washington’s Coolest Companies three consecutive years. We foster an energetic office environment filled with talented team from a number of backgrounds, and offer growth opportunities to anyone who is willing to work hard, and contribute to our shared goals, vision and values.
We are seeking a Growth Manager to join our team, focused on profitable customer acquisition and activation. The right candidate will combine analysis, research, and marketing experience to identify the right growth initiatives to tackle, help create the business case for each initiative, work with stakeholders around the business (including marketing, product, merchandising, and engineering) to ensure effective execution, and objectively evaluate the results.
You will play a central role in supporting the marketing team, including performing regular diagnostic deep dives to identify risks and opportunities in the business, coordinating with multiple teams to collect the right data and helping set priorities coming out of these deep dives, and assisting with cross-channel customer acquisition initiatives through a mix of strategic planning, marketing analytics, and execution support.
The right candidate will love data, with expertise in using data to assess current performance and identify trends and strategic opportunities to improve customer acquisition. The candidate will also have a deep understanding of marketing, including acquisition funnels, e-commerce businesses, go-to-market strategy, and digital and non-digital channel management.
There are three primary areas of responsibility for this role:
(a) Strategic Analysis
- Coordinate regular deep dives into our company’s performance to identify risks and opportunities across marketing, product, and customer landscape
- Translate big-picture ideas into phased plans for analysis and testing to validate hypotheses efficiently (crawl, walk, run)
- Build business cases for initiatives by estimating costs and benefits, understanding cross-functional impacts and working with stakeholders to validate estimates
- Present opportunities to rest of business to get cross-functional buy-in
(b) Marketing Support
- Build marketing dashboards and reports to surface data at the time of acquisition to improve the efficiency of our marketing efforts
- Be a thought-leader in marketing analytics working with channel managers on data-driven initiatives to improve scale and efficiency
- Improve unit economics (LTV, CAC, etc.) and marketing effectiveness (by marketing channel, paid/organic sources)
- Partner with Analytics team on improving and maintain tracking systems, identifying 3rd party platforms, and completing deep dives into marketing performance.
- Partner with Finance team on forecasting, budgeting and spend reconciliation.
(c) Test Execution
- Plan on-site and off-site tests to validate strategic hypotheses
- Follow through on every part of market tests, from conception to execution to analysis, working with stakeholders as needed but ultimately taking full responsibility for every aspect of test plan
- Track and evaluate test results, leading testing meetings to ensure clear communication and sharing and learnings.
- Make recommendations on test decisions based on analysis and feedback, ensuring that test results are properly implemented into future testing & strategy.
Desired Applicant Qualifications:
- 2+ years of marketing, analytics, and/or strategy experience in a digital / eCommerce environment, including direct experience in channel management, conversion funnel analysis, and test execution.
- Expertise in manipulating data sets (sophisticated Excel and SQL experience)
- Expertise in using analytics tools (more than just basic Google Analytics experience)
- Strong analytical skills and comfort breaking down and attacking open ended problems
- Attention to detail and ability to manage tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Familiar and passionate about industry trends and strategies
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance with 100% of monthly premiums paid by the Company
- Flexible work hours with generous vacation and leave policies
- A casual, fun and fast paced work environment with unrivaled peers
- Free gym membership
- Stipends for attending various training programs and conferences
VideoBlocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Meet Some of VideoBlocks's Employees
Back to top