HR & Operations Manager
Video Blocks offers a subscription-based service that empowers the creative community by providing affordable, high quality stock media. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com, we run two additional properties focused on graphics (www.graphicstock.com) and audio (www.audioblocks.com) with similar subscription models. Recently, a Marketplace was added to our flagship VideoBlocks product which allows customers to purchase a la carte content from a network of contributors.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for an experienced HR & Operations manager to join our Finance team. Our HR and Operations Manager will provide expertise, business support and recommendations in the development and adherence of HR programs, initiatives and practices designed to meet organizational business objectives and associate needs. This role will create and review programs, suggest modifications, and ensure our achievement of competitive market position and other goals identified by the business.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, extremely detail oriented, self-motivated, able to handle confidential information, as well as a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities.
- Administer compensation, benefits, performance management systems, and safety/recreation programs
- Provide current employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits
- Carry out challenging employee relations duties such as administering disciplinary procedures, liaison to employees and terminations
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity, harassment, and make recommendations for updated federal policies
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster our corporate culture toward our organizational objectives
- Compile and maintain reports for personnel related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates
- Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends
- Assist in recruiting duties and scheduling interviews with potential candidates
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- Free gym membership, optional table tennis training program
- Flexible work hours with generous vacation and leave policies
- Stipends for attending various training programs and conferences
- A casual, fun and fast paced work environment with unrivaled peers
Desired Applicant Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resource or Administration field
- 3- 5 years’ HR management experience
- Experience across all sectors of HR – Payroll, Comps & Benefits, Administration, Employee Relations, Training & Development & Recruitment
- Experience in a client facing role
- Project management skills
- Familiar with federal and state regulatory requirements for compensation, benefits, payroll and HR documentation
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Strong organizational skills with good analytical ability
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and have ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituent groups such as senior management, peers, and outside contacts
- Energetic, self-motivated and highly professional demeanor
Think you have what it takes to join the Video Blocks team? Submit your resume and a cover letter below.
Video Blocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Back to top