Full Stack Engineer
VideoBlocks is a subscription-based stock digital media company headquartered in Reston, VA. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com, we have two additional subscription products focused on the graphic and web design marketing (www.graphicstock.com) and production music (www.audioblocks.com). We empower customers to enhance their creative projects, ranging from professional production studios like NBC, to pro-sumers and enthusiasts like colleges, churches, and video editing hobbyists. The Company was founded in 2009 with the vision to offer affordable stock media that everyone could enjoy, not just those with big budgets.
We were recognized by Inc. 500 as the 4th fastest growing media company in the US, and Deloitte’s Fast 500 as the 32nd fastest growing technology company - #2 in the DC metro area. We foster an energetic office environment filled with talented people from a number of backgrounds and offer growth opportunities to anyone who is willing to work hard, and who values progress over perfection.
You can learn more about us at www.WeAreVideoBlocks.com.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of developers and help design and build our increasingly complex architecture. You will work on a team of top-notch engineers responsible for supporting the tech behind our current and future web properties.
If you are looking for a place where on any given day you could be architecting Docker containers for a production environment, tuning Elasticsearch for an optimized search algorithm, deploying auto-scaling servers in AWS, writing new features in PHP/MySQL and Node.js/Mongo, soldering servo drivers for your latest hackathon project, problem-solving with marketing and analytics to troubleshoot the latest data anomaly, or ruthlessly battling all members of the company in a ping pong tournament, then this is the place for you!
- Feature development within Agile/Scrum environment for our core products and supporting technologies.
- Learning new things and educating your teammates with your findings.
- Test-driven development, clean code practices, regular participation in code reviews and design reviews for yourself and your teammates.
- Come up with fun projects for our regular hackathons…
- Communicate directly with our Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Finance, and Content teams regularly to refine requirements and develop features.
- Be a team player! Be honest, give regular constructive feedback, come up with team activities, etc. Help the team grow and help VideoBlocks grow you.
- A casual, fun and fast-paced work environment with unrivaled peers
- Competitive salary and benefits, including 100%-paid comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation with flexible work-from-home options
- Stipends for attending various training programs and conferences
- Roth and Traditional 401(k) Plan
- Fully-stocked Kitchen with weekly Peapod delivery
- Free gym membership
- Unlimited massages in our state-of-the-art massage chair
- Free Ping pong Lessons!
Desired Applicant Experience:
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficient in structured and object-oriented programming languages, plus relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and develop software products.
- Above-average communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to team with and influence people at all levels across functions is required.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or a suitable technical certification.
Think you have what it takes to join the VideoBlocks team? Submit your resume and a cover letter below.
VideoBlocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Meet Some of VideoBlocks's Employees
Content Marketing Manager
Melissa mans the VideoBlocks social media presence and writes content for the company’s blog and other content platforms. She also helps create and sustain a consistent brand image.
Back to top