Contributor Acquisition and Engagement Specialist
VideoBlocks Job Opening for a Contributor Acquisition and Engagement Specialist
Recently named one of DC’s Coolest Companies, VideoBlocks is a subscription based stock media service focused on empowering the creative community. In addition to offering high-quality stock footage and video elements through videoblocks.com, we run two additional sites focused on graphics (graphicstock.com) and audio (audioblocks.com). Recently, we added a contributor Marketplace to our flagship VideoBlocks product, which allows customers to purchase a la carte content from a network of over 10,000 filmmakers around the world.
Our Content Acquisition and Contributor Engagement team is comprised of two main branches. One servicing the subscription or member libraries for all properties and the other servicing the Marketplace of VideoBlocks. Responsibilities of the Content team are quality control and ingest of all materials, as well as contributor relations and support. Our goal is to be the most contributor friendly agency in stock media. We empower creators by not only giving the highest commission rates in the industry, but by being a trusted, knowledgeable, and approachable resource.
The ideal candidate for the Contributor Acquisition and Engagement Specialist role has skills in client service or customer acquisition with a passion for and deep understanding of media production.
- Conduct outreach to potential contributors to acquire new photo and video content for
the Marketplace library that adheres to our standards of quality.
- Utilize our CRM platform to optimize outreach efforts and manage database of new
prospects and existing contributors.
- Address questions in a timely, friendly, and respectful manner and nurture relationships
with our high profile contributors.
- Use interpersonal and problem solving skills to provide high quality customer service to
our contributors and act as a representative for the VideoBlocks organization.
- Troubleshoot reported technical issues by assisting contributors and working with our
development team to consistently improve the site and user experience.
- Assist with contributor engagement efforts including outreach to potential contributors.
- Assist with contributor and Marketplace customer research by conducting personal
interviews and surveys via phone and email.
- Assist with mining data relating to content sales and search trends.
- Prior experience with client services or customer acquisition (2 years+) is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Approachable and personal communication style
- Background in multimedia including video, photography or graphic design
- Resourceful and eager problem solver
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to focus on daily tasks with consideration for long term goals
- Ability to multitask while executing on multiple objectives
- Base knowledge of production industry hardware and post production software platforms
- Experience with a CRM platforms like Contactually, Salesforce or similar platforms
- Experience with social media management for a brand or organization
As a team, we value our entrepreneurial culture and seek to strengthen it with every member of the organization. You will have the opportunity to grow and contribute both to the Content team and to the VideoBlocks team as a whole. All “Blockies” assist with developing talent and building a culture which makes VideoBlocks the best place to advance your career.
Back to top