The VP, IT will develop and execute the IT strategy and vision for VICE and its subsidiaries, including partnering with the executive leadership team to define technology requirements and solutions over the next several years to drive innovation, Top notch customer service and establish efficiencies across the company. The position will be responsible for establishing an IT staffing plan which includes IT Network operations, security, and infrastructure, all in support of a fast-growing and dynamic media company. The VP, IT will be a seasoned, mature technology leader with experience operating at the senior-most levels of a company. He or she will be a highly collaborative business partner focused on building relationships across the company, and will leverage these capabilities by fostering a positive, constructive culture within the technology team. This executive will be a focused, results-oriented leader capable of delivering significant technology initiatives and outstanding IT support/internal operation.
- Develop, own and execute a IT strategy and roadmap for VICE to support the rapid growth of VICE domestically and in partnership with the global executive leadership team. Ensure that all voices are heard and deeply understand the context for the decision making.
- Implement and manage a globally focused 24/7 support team
- Develop, own and execute on a robust internal customer relationship plan to exceed internal client expectations in delivering valuable IT services in a rapid growing environment. Demonstrate ability to communicate and influence employees at all levels.
- Develop and lead a high-performing team of IT professionals; foster a culture of collaboration and support through coaching, mentoring and skill building; successfully translate business requirements into team deliverables, individual goals and objectives.
- Design a multi-year workforce plan and budget that aligns with the growth of the organization and leverages internal and external talent to deliver IT support to the organization.
- Design a multi-year services plan and budget that aligns with the growth of the organization and leverages internal and external capabilities to deliver IT solutions to the organization.
- Serve as IT business partner to the executive leadership team in collaboration with the Technology leadership team to drive the global IT strategy.
- Continually seek to improve customer satisfaction levels for internal teams, performance will be based upon customer satisfaction levels in company-wide surveys.
- Ability to make powerful decisions around technology that impacts the organization.
- Continually evaluate new technology trends balancing the need for enterprise ready technology with a desire to innovate.
- Ensure stellar supplier management of all IT vendors and negotiate effective contracts for software, services and other tools.
- Implement solutions as required to enable a safe and secure mobile workforce
- Implement solutions as required to enable effective and reliable AV, comms, and collaboration tools in all meeting locations and accessible by mobile workforce.
- Work with Risk Management and Technology leadership to manage high availability and business continuity plans that are appropriate for an enterprise of VICE size and scope.
- Work with IT Security teams to implement comprehensive IT security and monitoring programs establishing the appropriate policies, trainings and tools.
- Establish and maintain effective governance for IT controls. Deep experience in, GDPR & EU Data Protection and other compliance driven requirements.
- Support the establishment and ongoing support of the commercial organization and other field based employees.
- 10 years of technology leadership experience serving as corporate-level (CIO or equivalent), divisional-level (divisional CIO or equivalent), or direct report to the information technology leader.
- Candidate should have 4-5 years of experience managing a MacOS centric enterprise
- Experience in a multi-entity, multi-national corporate environment is required.
- Experience with BYOD / mobile workforce activation and support
- Strong functional skill set and experience in IT, with a demonstrated capability to lead both applications development and infrastructure teams, and understands current best practices in software applications, security, and infrastructure.
- Extensive experience managing a multi site Active Directory environment.
- Netsuite, WorkDay and Okta experience is a plus.
- Proven leadership in developing global help desk consolidation
- BS / BA preferably in a relevant technical field.
- MBA or Graduate degree and / or equivalent preferred.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience in growing and leading a high performance team of professionals.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in ambiguous and frequently changing situations.
- Strong communication and business partnering ability.
- Proven strategic thinker and experience leading complex projects.
- Able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to work well on cross-functional basis internally and with business partners and drive for results.
- A great simplifier, ensuring effective communication (written / oral), presentation and organization skills.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, rigor and drive.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top