VICE on HBO: NIGHT SHIFT Finishing Assistant Editor
Seeking a Night Finishing Assistant Editor for the current season of VICE†on†HBO†. This primarily
concerns the finishing and delivery of episodes. Candidates should be team players, extremely
proactive, and strong communicators. Also MUST†have hands-on professional episodic TV
experience, can handle high pressure collaborative environments, and be motivated to grow in
The most important qualification is to be able to assess a task, flag issues immediately, and
execute tasks thoroughly according to the show’s protocols. Additionally, all assistant editors are
expected to produce thorough end-of-shift reports.
Again, this is a night†shift†position. Expected schedule is Sunday-Thursday with 7pm start,
though schedule adjustments may be required depending on the needs of the show. This position
is expected to run into December 2018.
All candidates will be expected to describe their long-term goals and professional strengths.
Must possess extensive knowledge and understanding of the following:
● Adobe Premiere, After Effects, & Adobe CC Suite
● Tapeless media workflows from ingest through mastering (Sony, Canon, Arri,
● Frame rates and video standards
● Common codecs and media file types
● English language and grammar (for QCing cuts)
Knowledge of below a plus:
● DaVinci Resolve 12.5 & 14
● Alchemist XF
● Black Magic Ultrastudio 4K
● Conforming final edit sequences for online and maintaining project and asset
organization (managing textless and texted elements, tracking final materials sent to
online and patches, etc)
● Preparing and creating assets for sound mix
● Subtitle and L3rd generation and fixes
● Handling file conversions, compressions, and uploads for final materials for sound mix
● Up-res of third party materials and assessing quality of materials with post management
● Basic image correction (e.g. blurs, dead pixel fixes) and color correction
● Quality control: review cuts screened or exported during your shift for all elements
(technical / spelling). Must become familiar with the show’s protocols and style guide
● Regular and thorough communication with post production management
● Technical support with deliverables as needed
● Supporting other offline and Vice News department needs, if r
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top