ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
About The Team:
We create content for Refinery29 Unbothered, the sub-brand dedicated to celebrating and serving Black millennial women. Our team operates across several departments including editorial, social and video. We create anything from long-form articles and programs to social assets and videos. We help shape and guide how Refinery29 supports and serves the Black femme audience, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, and discussion every day.
- Pitch engaging and watchable Stories concepts that align with current style and culture trends
- Identify and regularly report on style and culture moments, news, and creators that matter to the Unbothered audience
- Produce, write, and edit original content for Unbothered that can be translated into compelling social content
- Strategize imagery and write copy for show tiles across Unbothered assets to optimize number of unique viewers
- Appear as on-camera talent for original content across platforms
- Request, review and provide feedback for video reversions to new social platforms
- Ideate and create content for Unbothered across Stories platforms (ie: ShopLoop - google’s affiliate beta program, IGS, TikTok, etc)
- Assist in Google Web Story content selection and reviewing article stories before final submission
- 2-3 years experience working as a social editor
- Meaningful experience covering style and culture in an editorial newsroom setting
- Expertise programming across all social platforms
- Natural curiosity about audiences and the different ways we can engage with them
- While we are a fun and communal work environment, we always expect good judgement, discretion, and professionalism from our team members
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable and energized working in a fast-paced, high volume operation
- Collaborative and open to feedback in pursuit of constantly pushing content to new heights
- Ready to adapt with an ever-changing environment and industry
- Familiar with the Unbothered brand and audience
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.