VICE Greece S.A. is looking for a Social Media Editor to work alongside with the editorial team. The Social Media Editor plays a pivotal role in the development and maintenance of our social media presence. For this position you should have a sharp eye for social media trends and emerging platforms. We are looking for a young professional with an entrepreneurial mindset, creative spirit and eagerness to constant learning.
Reports to: Editor in Chief
- Schedule all social posts for our content across all Vice Greece social channels.
- Develop social media marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Edit headlines to maximize click-through rates and increase engagement on all stories.
- Using knowledge of trending topics to source and pitch stories to editorial.
- Produce social-first branded campaigns on Instagram Live and Stories etc.
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly traffic goals across all social media accounts.
- Work with the International Online & Social Media Coordinator to develop platform strategy.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices and acting accordingly.
- Reviewing and interpreting social analytics to measure and guide the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2-3 years experience working as a Social Media Editor or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Expert user of Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and other social media platforms.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge (e.g. Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights etc.).
- Experience of using Photoshop will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Greek.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Highly engaging, versatile, and adaptable with the ability to keep up with industry trends and new social networks.