Social Editor, Personal Finance Vertical
VICE is seeking a social editor for its new personal finance vertical. The site is dedicated to inspiring the VICE audience to make better decisions about their financial future. It's a comprehensive guide to understanding and navigating the current economic landscape, as well as providing help just figuring out the basics. VICE understands that for Millennials, money is not the end goal - money is the means, money is a tool, and money creates possibility. Part topical coverage, part educational/utility, and part tentpole editorial series, we will employ multi-format storytelling to deliver content in an authentic voice. We'll demystify money by providing insight, speaking with honesty and transparency, and showcasing how it can unlock a world of experiences.
The Social Editor will be the voice of our new personal finance vertical on all social platforms, the first line of digital reporting / sourcing as news breaks, and the primary developer of audiences across social media. They are a crucial part of the team and will assist with social strategy from the verticals accounts among the different distribution platforms.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use social media judgment and data to curate stories on all social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and newsletters
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and decipher real-time analytics to push out relevant content on distributed platforms
- Edit and A/B test headlines to maximize click through and engagement on all stories and provide feedback to editorial team
- Pitch stories to editorial staff based on social performance
- Act as eyes and ears on social platforms, alerting the newsroom to breaking news
- Create platform-specific content with our production teams, including text, photo, video, and interactive
- Liaise between multiple departments and teams to optimize posting schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; newsroom experience a huge plus
- 2-3 years experience in journalism, social media or newsroom experience at a major media company
- Experience in personal finance and passion for financial news
- Familiarity with Chartbeat, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and reporting data from these platforms a plus
- Familiarity with the VICE Network and brand voice
- Innovative background, especially in regards to video, multimedia, visual and interactive media, and how these translate to engagement
- Basic understanding of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop a plus
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top