Short Form Producer
The SHORT FORM PRODUCER is responsible for pitching, producing, and editing short-form videos and vertical stories for VICE News’ owned and operated platforms (digital, YouTube, and socials) out of our Singapore office. This is a position that is best suited for someone who is plugged into the news cycle across Asia and can handle short form edits on tight deadlines for quick turnaround.
The SHORT FORM PRODUCER reports directly to the Head of Video, APAC. It’s a role that will be focused on fast-breaking stories and short, digestible, and engaging video pieces aimed at socials and YouTube first. An ideal candidate will be fluent in English and another Asian language, work well as part of a geographically diverse team and be able to produce video as part of a small, but nimble team.
The SHORT FORM PRODUCER will also be responsible for pitching evergreen short-form ideas and to add to our growing coverage of the Asia-Pacific region. This is a dual role where a thorough knowledge of Adobe Premiere is vital. A strong understanding of VICE News as a brand and its own focus and style is also a plus.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Generate and pitch a high volume of short-form videos and vertical stories that stay on top of a rapidly developing news cycle
- Work with a small team to execute all approved pitches
- Understand how to best package videos for high engagement rates.
- Research and prepare pitches for evergreen short-form stories.
- Show competency in editing with Adobe Premiere as well as an understanding of how motion graphics work.
- Work closely with the motion graphics team, the editorial writing team, and the News Originals team, which handles longer reported documentaries
- Coordinate with the ARCHIVAL PRODUCER to secure needed wire and archival footage in a timely manner
- Understand how R&C processes work, especially in regards to User Generated Content
- Setting up project files in Adobe Premiere syncing camera footage and audio, and organising projects based on VWN templates.
- Adjusting existing graphics to fit editing and technical specifications.
- Basic audio levelling for video based on requirements.
- Quality control - Final check for subs issues, correct cards used, any dropouts, sound issues, specs, etc.
- Able to work in a fast-paced News/Digital environment and be able to effectively multi-task.
- Fully proficient in NLE systems especially Adobe Creative Suite.
- An understanding and enthusiasm for the VWN style of journalism and storytelling.
- Basic Motion Graphics skills with additional knowledge of After Effects a plus.
- Fluency in English along with very good verbal and written communication skills.
Back to top