Senior Writer/Editor, FREE
VICE.com is looking for a senior writer/editor to join the online editorial team of our new personal finance channel, FREE. The ideal candidate would provide guidance to the junior members of our staff and contribute features and news analysis on personal finance topics ranging from income inequality to how-to articles on saving money with services like Seamless, Lyft and Amazon. The senior writer/editor will write feature stories, news briefs and analysis of current events relevant to the VICE audience, along with helping to edit pieces from junior staff and freelancers.
This is a regular, full-time staff position in VICE’s Williamsburg office.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing original pieces, especially reported feature stories
- Editing staff and freelance writers as needed
- Generating story and video ideas
- Shaping and driving the voice of the site
- Coordinating editorial schedule with the Editor in Chief and working with the audience team to help grow the FREE audience
- 4+ years experience as an writer or editor at a notable publication or high-volume website
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to make personal finance concepts fun and engaging
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interested in working for a small, but growing vertical within the VICE.com site
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Back to top