Senior Software Engineer
- New York, NY
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
- Work with other engineers and product team to improve the Refinery29 site and CMS
- Develop performance enhancements, new features, and code optimization to our headless React front-end
- Ensure quality output through code testing and local testing
- Follow and encourage best practices for developing React components
- Develop and document code and process throughout all stages of development
- Actively participate in all agile ceremonies with our development and product team -- sprint planning, stand up and retrospectives
- Experience with Webpack, Gulp, or Grunt
- Ability to context switch between projects without sacrificing the quality of work
- Clear, detailed and effective communication skills
- An understanding and appreciation for the Refinery29 brand
- Experience with AMP
- Experience with a CMS connected to a headless frontend
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with JIRA and Github
- Educational background in CS or related degrees or certifications
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Back to top