Senior Front End Engineer
- New York, NY
Senior Front End Engineer
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design
VICE x Team
Role x You
- Implement modern and elegant design patterns as it pertains to feature development and code maintainability.
- Collaborate on and produce consistently clean and measurably performant code.
- Create unit tests using frameworks like karma / mocha / chai / jest.
- Experience with working with GraphQL, including building and optimizing queries.
- Intimately familiar with Chrome/Firefox/Safari dev tools.
- Mentoring engineers as well as interface with other teams within our product and engineering organization.
- 5+ years of professional development experience.
- Experience with NPM and Webpack or Rollup to build and distribute JS modules across multiple applications and code bases.
- Familiarity with AWS and building large scalable web experiences.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration.
- Experience utilizing React frameworks such as Next.js.
You have these:
- Existing mentorship experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of UX design, including working with React Storybook is a plus.
- Experience with agile software development and best practices.
We’d love if you also had:
- Proficiency working on a fast-paced team, with product owners, designers and other developers.
- Ability to work autonomously and comfortably on features from start to finish.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Back to top