Senior Editor (6 Months Contract)
- Tulsa, OK
The primary role of the Senior Editor will be to partner with Creative Producers to create engaging short-form & long-form content for Vice World News as well as Vice digital platforms The Senior editor delivers high-end quality content & ensures completion from edit right unto final delivery.
● Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creative producers in order to meet project deadlines.
● Work closely with Producers on finding the correct story with the available footage.
● Narrative editing on a high level, narrative editing skills, and storytelling skills.
● Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and provide fast delivery
● Troubleshoot technical and creative challenges, escalate technical issues to the Post Production Manager
● Has an optimised editing style for each individual digital platform, understanding the brand values of Vice as a platform.
● Troubleshoot technical and creative challenges, escalate technical issues to the Post Production Manager.
● Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
● Creative problem-solving skills and a relentless work ethic.
● Give creative feedback to assistant/junior, editors/interns, groom them towards taking up more responsibility.
● Editing videos in the right tone of voice
● Delivers edit within deadlines.
● Has a positive and proactive approach to challenging projects.
● Ability to work independently.
● Independently ensuring all technical aspects are taken care of for projects in Post Production.
● Ensuring all Global Guidelines & best practices are maintained, followed & organised in all edits, working within specs.
● Real-time watch down of all exports to ensure there are no technical errors.
● Encoding and uploading final deliverables to multiple platforms
● Edit all extra material such as extra scenes, excerpts, socials, and trailers.
● Basic audio levelling for video based on requirements.
● Quality control for all edits.
Additional tasks may include:
● Working in the most proactive, creative, and professional manner to provide the highest level of service to our Creative Producers/Directors.
● Be part of collaborative feedback among Global Editorial teams as well as assist in editorial meetings.
● Able to work in a fast-paced News/Digital environment and be able to effectively multi-task.
● Proven flexibility and ability to work night and weekends, if required.
● Ability to invest time & knowledge in customising new workflows & implement cloud-based editing for the region.
● 5+ years of experience editing long-form content for Digital and social platforms.
● Fully proficient in the NLE system especially Adobe Premiere plus in-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Encoder, Adobe After Effect’s knowledge a plus.
● Proactive problem-solving skills
● An understanding and enthusiasm for the VWN style of journalism and storytelling.
● Experience in colour grading basics.
● Knowledge of Cameras, Codecs, and LUT’s a must.
● Fluency in English along with very good verbal and written communication skills
Back to top