Senior Data Analyst
VICE Media’s Global Business Analytics (GBA) team enables and evolves efficient data informed decisions around our content, audience, product and revenue generation. We want you to be a part of our success!
Focusing on exploratory and early analytics, you are well versed in data modeling, analytics development and presentation of insights. Working with stakeholders across VICE, you produce methodologies and solutions to apply our data into business and audience benefit. As a key point of contact for creating and implementing analytics that move the needle towards VICE’s strategic goals, you understand user needs and translate to value by leveraging our ecosystem of data across the company. Your core stakeholders include global executives, product teams, embedded analysts and business users. Your investigations and research inform requirements for GBA’s operational analytics team, establishing high fidelity, self-service decision making tools for our stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Bridge the needs of business teams and VICE’s data potential, proactively engaging with stakeholders to understand requirements and drive vision to decision
- Provide guidance and implement strategic and tactical approaches to wrangle new data sources - generating actionable analytics from research
- Communicate results of analysis to global stakeholders, advocating for and enhancing VICE’s data informed decision making
- Propose avenues to operationalize and apply data insights for automation, generating requirements for our data services team
- Partner with the VICE product team, suggesting improvements to systems which increase data usability and long-term value
- Build data science models to leverage VICE’s massive amount of data - describing and personalizing VICE’s cross-platform content and audience experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4 or more years of business analytics or data science experience
- At least two years of experience with scripting languages such as Python or R. Strong proficiency with SQL including the ability to tune complex queries for performance. Competency and comfort with common command-line tools and version control systems (git preferred)
- Experience with distributed computing platforms (Spark, MapReduce, etc.) a plus
- Deductive thinker with ability to distill business needs and goals into actionable data requirements
- Excited about entering into a fast-paced, high growth, environment within a newly formed Global Business Analytics team
- Confidence in communicating findings and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling and easy to understand manner.
- Media, Advertising, E-Commerce, or Consulting industry experience a plus
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top