R&C + Archival Coordinator
Based out of Singapore, the main role of this position will be to oversee the rights and clearances protocol and also to help with the research, licensing, and sourcing of third party material for all videos being produced.
This individual will work across all VICE properties ensuring all footage, stills and personal releases are intact prior to each program's air-date. This will require extensive outreach to establish ownership and negotiate licensing terms as well as a stellar organisation to maintain a streamlined process. They must ensure that the highest quality imagery is sourced through VICE’s unique and reputable lens.
The ideal candidate should be incredibly attentive to detail, work efficiently and fast, be resourceful, self-motivated, and highly organised.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Description :
For Rights and Clearances:
- Become well versed with VICE R&C protocols and guidelines.
- Liaising with Production, Post-Production, Legal & Licensing teams to ensure all aspects of video content have been properly cleared
- Providing on-going training for Production teams on VICE’s Clearance Best Practices
- Workflow management on tight deadlines
- Negotiating agreement terms and completing licenses
- Watching down all videos to ensure all releases and content requiring licensing is accounted for.
- Maintaining an organised database of all releases
- Advising on sellable content based on secured releases
- Maintaining a database of all Archival Subscriptions and Rates.
- Liaising with all external Archival vendors for rate negotiations and special licensing needs for projects.
- Work closely with Video Producers to help in the sourcing and licensing of assets for all video projects as per requirements of the project lead. This will involve both research and conducting outreach to establish ownership of needed content.
- Liaising with VICE finance and production leads for payments and invoicing.
- Ensuring the terms for all archival assets licensed are in alignment with the rights and clearances needed.
- Maintain an organised database of all releases and media files for the department
- Advise creative teams and producers of copyright and clearance protocol; handle regular internal training and liaising for access to our third-party vendor services
- Coordinate within the licensing department to ensure all content is 100% clear
Experience / Education / Skills :
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience at Television, News, Licensing, Rights Management or Digital Media Companies
- Impeccable attention to detail and organisational skills a must!
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritise
- Strong research abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Google docs environment
- Must be proficient in excel/numbers/keynote and word.
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline collaborative environment
- Passion for documentary programming and a strong sense of visual storytelling a plus
- Intimate knowledge of the content found on VICE.com and other VICE properties
Back to top