ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
Role x You
VMG is looking for a sharp, proactive, engaging, assertive and detail-oriented Editorial Content Producer to join our growing branded content team across Refinery29, Vice (& i-D). Within a friendly and fast-paced environment, the producer will be responsible for leading the delivery of Vice’s programs for a varied range of multiple and exciting brands.
The Editorial Content Producer will work on Refinery 29, Vice & i-D digital platforms across all Custom editorial content work. The producer will work within the Production team, work very closely with the creative, client services, media and sales teams and report directly to the VP Production & Delivery.
Critically, to be successful in this role, the EC producer needs to be decisive, thrive in a fast paced environment, be positive, be solution-focused, have a can-do attitude and believe that there is a solution to every challenge and transform those into learnings and better ways of working. No challenge is too big and nothing is impossible.
They must ensure that all creative content is to the highest standard both from a visual and commercial perspective. Content production must run smoothly from pitch and scoping phase to execution, meet deadlines, stay on brand and within budget.
The Ideal candidate has exceptional teamwork skills and has varied production experience covering both photography and video shoots but also commissioning work across Design, Animation, Illustration and Copywriting. They have the ability to own multiple projects’ budgets, timelines and deliver to high production & creative standards. They possess a solid understanding of budgeting, management and negotiation skills and a strong understanding of digital advertising and media.
The Producer has great enthusiasm and interest for Refinery29 & Vice but also for i-D, in order to work with the production team members and share knowledge across the department.
- Supporting the pitching process for Custom Editorial Content including creative development, production feasibility assessment, scopes and timings.
- Responsible for creative budgets & schedules and for accurate production pricing from pitch phase through to final budget.
- Expertise of editorial branded content offering: latest innovation, knowledge of the market and competitors, active participation in growing the talent network and being able to manage / commission the work across multiple type of outputs (photo, social video, short-form video, animations, site/page creation, experiential, podcasts, designers, writers...)
- Working closely with the teams to support creative development by adding rigor and agility to the budgeting process during pitching through to gaining access to relevant talent in execution and overseeing all production
- Set and manage the overall portfolio delivery of projects, with a responsibility for the effective management of all projects within the portfolio
- Set expectation of executing best in class content work that is consistently on time, on scope and on budget
- You will understand the risk and challenges of projects and be able to respond to and proactively manage solutions with the team as well as consistently bring a positive and calm outlook to find solutions
- Engage and manage third party production vendors & partners, ensuring budgets, schedules, talent & licensing requirements are met, and that creative expectations are met.
- Working closely with the relevant managers/agents/directors to ensure constant communication on the project, updating Account Management & Creative Lead team throughout.
- Delivering multiple production schedules from start to finish, ensuring these schedules are harmonious across all live projects.
- Having a real affinity for being on set, managing crews & working closely with the Account Management team to manage clients as well manage the pace of the shoot
- Having a real affinity for content creation - finding best designers, animators, editors with the support of the creative lead to deliver outstanding branded content
- Ensuring all content & shoots meet legal requirements and compliance and to obtain all necessary licenses.
- Managing all project documentation: scope, timeline, status, budget (updating the cost manager tracker) and deliverables tracker.
- Ensuring smooth asset delivery to client via the Account Management team as well as washing up projects when relevant and sharing learnings across departments
You have these:
- You'll be full of ambition, be proactive with your approach and above all, an excellent and enthusiastic communicator.
- A proven track record of leading editorial productions across a range of budgets and timelines, with an understanding of how and when to scale production value up or down.
- You will be comfortable working across the integrated process, spanning creative development, production & delivery.
- You will understand the attitude required to work in a small to medium sized team; you'll be happy to chip in wherever required within the creative process and always champion the work!
- You will have a strong sensibility for story and ability to develop ideas across a variety of formats and genres, based on an understanding of what works on different digital platforms.
- You have a strong experience of producing content for brands and an understanding of how to communicate production approaches, restrictions and developments effectively.
- This is a personality-first, relationship-oriented team, great communication and a willingness to be vocal and involved is an absolute must for this role.
- You have the ability to work well under pressure and flexibility in coping with rapidly changing circumstances.
- To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time.
- To be an ambassador for the business & the brand at all times.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.