Paralegal (Fixed-Term Temporary)
- New York, NY
***Please note this is a fixed term, 6 month temporary role****
Paralegal (Fixed-Term Temporary)
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
This position reports to the Director of Legal Affairs, Corporate Secretary, and will be a key member of the corporate legal function in the U.S. The Corporate Paralegal will provide legal support for all corporate matters, with a primary focus on corporate governance, data privacy, compliance, financing and M&A you will support our joint ventures, acquisitions, investments and other equity-based arrangements, banking and financing needs, as well as ensure compliance with data privacy and other laws, agreements and governance requirements.
Role x You
You will be responding to data privacy requests and ensuring compliance with global data privacy laws. Coordinating ancillary documents for major transactions and Maintaining contract management systems and internal legal databases
In the short term…
Providing operational support for counsel in the corporate function. Lateral support to our finance team for billing and invoicing matters
You have these:
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certification required
- 3+ years of legal experience in a top tier firm and/or media company, with experience in the data privacy / compliance, corporate or IP groups preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Superior communication and interpersonal abilities
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member while serving a variety of departments within the company
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, prioritizing and juggling multiple matters
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense when interacting with external and internal contacts and performing job functions, especially when confidential information is concerned
- Flexibility and willingness to work with other departments
- Positive attitude
We’d love if you also had these:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
We want to find people who believe in our goals, and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” difference, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture and business.
Back to top