- New Delhi, India
News Editor, Digital News
VICE News is looking for a senior editor to join our ambitious, growing international digital news offering out of the APAC region. This editor would be based out of New Delhi, and will oversee news content around South Asia. This position requires an experienced digital editor and manager with excellent judgment, comfort editing and publishing in a fast-paced, digital setting, a deep understanding of the VICE News brand, and a drive to find and publish the best global stories across the region. This role will oversee at least two staff writers, several correspondents or freelancers, and be a key player in recruiting and hiring writers regionally as well as bringing in top-tier commissioned pieces.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the executive editor for VICE News in APAC and other editorial leaders to develop a coverage strategy across APAC.
- Manage a small team of reporters and freelancers, and use a combination of data and sensibility to help guide each of them towards a mastery of their coverage areas
- Assign and edit a range of stories across beats; these stories include quick day pieces and more ambitious enterprise reporting or dispatches
- Work collaboratively with other editors in bureaus around the world where appropriate, as well as with the translation hub, digital video team, social publishing team, and more.
- Work with regional leadership on recruiting and hiring the best and most diverse writers across a range of beats and the entire APAC region.
- Partner with the legal, communications, and corporate strategy teams, as appropriate.
- Minimum of 5 years of journalism experience as a writer or story editor
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- A proven track record of news judgment and editing skills, and execution at the highest levels
- Wide range of sources and contacts across South Asia, and ideally the APAC region
- An eye for editorial talent, and a track record of developing emerging reporters and writers across a range of beats
- The highest journalistic and legal standards
- A collaborative spirit, and the ability to work across departments and global offices.
Back to top