Media Strategist, Brand Connections
The Media Strategist is key to VICE’s pre- and post-sale processes. In the pre-sale phase of a partnership, Strategists help develop media and content distribution plans along with pitch collateral all designed to deliver on client KPIs while also driving revenue for VICE. In the post-sale phase, the Media Strategist plays a pivotal role in campaign success, coordinating the trafficking of assets with our Ad Ops team, monitoring performance, making optimizations, supporting client service, and shepherding all reporting and billing needs for the client.
While digitally focused, VICE offers advertisers an integrated suite of media touchpoints, including TV and print – so, it’s paramount that the Media Strategist think holistically. Candidates must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work effectively within a team environment. He or she must possess the ability to manage multiple pre-sale opportunities and campaigns at once, all while remaining organized and highly responsive to internal and external client needs.
This role interfaces daily with multiple teams, but starts with a very close partnership with our Sales team. Other close collaborators include our brand activation and analytics teams, product/platform teams, program managers, creatives all in an effort to drive progress each day. Additionally, the role has an important client facing component, and we expect Strategist play a role in cultivating relationships with our partners on the agency, brand, and vendor side. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, as well as familiarity with the technical aspects of online advertising. Candidates should embody the three core values of the Brand Connections team at VICE across all responsibilities: continuity, proactivity and ingenuity.
Responsibilities (Including, but not limited, to the following):
- Develop media plans in response to client RFPs and proactively to drive, win and retain business.
- Successfully execute and manage media campaigns.
- Complete all client-requested materials as part of building media plans and managing media campaigns (including but not limited to ad specifications, screenshots, audience information, reporting, etc.)
- Work and collaborate with internal departments (e.g., ad operations, partner and yield teams) to ensure that media campaigns are set up for success.
- Work with commercial analytics team to build and measure campaign KPIs and analysis.
- Maintain and develop a true partnership with designated seller(s) by working closely and collaboratively to drive and augment client relationships, as well as generate more client revenue opportunities and upselling.
- Develop strategic media distribution materials to accompany client proposals and pitches, including but not limited to creating slides, program structures, distribution visuals, etc.
- Demonstrate a particular focus on post-sale procedures, including but not limited to IO processing, tagging approaches, custom ad creation, campaign pacing & optimization, reporting, etc.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and determination to develop/amplify media expertise.
Skill Set & Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of strategic media planning experience at an agency, publisher or related media business
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate proficiency in Keynote and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Intermediate proficiency in DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)
- Working knowledge of Operative One (O1)
- Fluency with Google Drive
- Expertise in media math
- High comfortability with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge or understanding of media inventory forecasting
- Excellent Communication Skills – High aptitude for managing expectations
- Solutions Oriented – Propensity to solve matters, rather than dwell on the problem at hand
- Authenticity, Integrity & Resiliency – Takes pride and accountability for the work and possesses the ability to defend the work recommended
- Media Confidence – Articulates rationale for thinking both internally and to clients
- Informed – Curious and interested in media industry news and literature
- Collaborative – Happy to, and willing to, work with others to create the best result
- Passion for oneself, our company and the media industry
Back to top