Media Strategist APAC
- Mumbai, India
About VICE Media Group
An international media company that captures people at the heart of stories, and focuses on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. Launched in 1994, VICE operates in 35 cities across the globe, making 1500 pieces of content every day with a focus on five lines of business: VICE Digital, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICELAND, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world and now Refinery29, making VICE Media Group the world’s largest youth media company.
The Media Strategy team is central to the pre-sale and post-sale process, touching client relationships from end to end and playing a pivotal role in overall partnership success. The team supports sales with strategizing, planning, executing and optimizing media-related activities across client advertising campaigns. We thrive in self-sufficiency, curiosity and proactivity when it comes to our work. The team atmosphere is highly strategic, collaborative, and fast paced. We hope you are as well, it’s nice when we all like some of the same things.
VICE is looking for a media strategist for the APAC region. The role revolves Strategic Digital Media Planning & Campaign Management – you will develop digital media plans for VICE Media Group clients across APAC and manage those campaigns when live. This will include pure media plans as well as multi-platform media plans tied to the distribution of branded content programs.
- Strategic media planning for media-only sales opportunities and branded content programs.
- Lead strategy on large campaign projects, working collaboratively with other departments to help generate and protect revenue, included but not limited to creating high investment media plans and strategic input into proposals.
- Campaign management - you will be the leader of the post-sale process, overseeing campaign implementation and optimizing to create positive results and client experiences, that both protect revenue and generate renewal revenue.
- Be the client’s go-to media expert once a program sells through, managing communication, asset delivery, launch and performance.
You have these:
- 3 - 4 years of strategic media planning experience at an agency, publisher or related media business with client facing experience
- High proficiency in Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Fluency with Google Drive
- Expertise in "media math" (CPM, CPV, etc.)
- High comfortability with managing multiple projects simultaneously
We’d love if you also had these:
- Basic knowledge or understanding of media inventory forecasting
- Experience across different markets in APAC.
- Excellent Communication Skills -- high aptitude for managing expectations
- Solutions Oriented -- propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
- Authenticity, Integrity & Resiliency -- takes pride and accountability for the work and possesses the ability to defend the work recommended
- Media Confidence -- articulating rationale for thinking both internally and to clients
- Informed -- curious and interested in media industry news and literature
- Collaborative -- happy to and willing to work with others to create the best result
- Passion for oneself, our company and the media industry
Back to top