ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe. The company includes VICE, an award-winning international network of digital content; Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world; and PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin.
VICE x Team
The Content Solutions department enables the commercialization of editorial content across VICE Media Group, inclusive of VICE Digital, MUNCHIES, NOISEY, Refinery29, Unbothered, Somos, i-D, VICE TV, VICE NEWS, Motherboard, & Waypoint. The Content Solutions team is responsible for facilitating strategic collaboration between Revenue & Editorial stakeholders across the organization to optimize sales of our editorial franchises and IP. This role is specifically focused on working on the Global VICE News & TV properties, as a part of our nimble team of organized, detail-oriented strategic thinkers with a strong focus on operational efficiency and a passion for compelling storytelling.
As a new addition to the business, you will serve as the commercial backbone of the News / TV team, working hand in hand with our editorial team and all commercial stakeholders to ideate solutions and strategies to best package and present ideas that can be brought to life across written, video, audio and experiential. This includes working with the sales organization to understand market needs, brainstorming solutions with editorial, collaborating with research & brand strategy to build intelligent go-to-market materials that our various sales teams can readily use.
Role x You
You’ve got a strategic, creative and analytical mind with keen interests in news, TV, innovative storytelling and the broader media landscape. You also have a great deal of respect for the editorial process and have a knack for finding the common ground between the needs of our editorial teams and those of our marketing partners.
- Facilitate communication, collaboration, and ultimately the commercial development of Content across core Crafts (Edit, Video, Experiential, Social) in relation to Vice News and VICE TV
- Gather and tie the relevant information from key functions above to create clear, concise, and compelling materials that outline available sponsorship opportunities.
- Partner with Audience Insights, Brand Strategy, Commercial Creative to develop compelling materials that connect our knowledge of the audience to the editorial programming to share with the Revenue team who use as a pre-sale resource tool
In the short term you’ll be working closely with the Global editorial teams, marketing teams and sales leads to understand, develop and package formats and franchises to create compelling commercial opportunities for marketers that deliver against their goals and our revenue targets. You will not only package up materials for broad use across our global sales organizations, but refine these strategically for client specific presentations.
After 6 months in this role we see you playing an active role in supporting the editorial calendar, aligning the VICE News and TV editorial pillars with key client strategies and working alongside sales leads to ensure representation of VICE NEWS / TV in broader client discussions. You’ll be responsible for identifying content trends and analyzing campaign performance data to help the editorial and commercial teams build editorial programs that drive both revenue and audience engagement. You will also ensure our materials and process for working with editorial is unified across our global commercial teams. You’ll become a core part of the VICE News and TV team, across discussions that go beyond the commercial remit.
And after a year you’ll help increase VICE News’ sphere of influence, tapping into teams from across the business and around the world to craft larger opportunities for clients delivered by an expanded team. You’ll play a key role in the continued expansion of VICE News and help raise our profile with clients across the globe guiding them through how quality news content helps achieve their goals.
You have these:
- 5+ years publisher, agency or media experience working within a strategy, account management or content operations role
- Key examples of strategic excellence in the publishing, agency or media space, and case studies to back it up.
- Proven success working with editorial teams to craft commercial solutions.
- Strong communication skills, knowing how to take understand and translate complex ideas to various teams
- Creative writing skills, including synthesizing complex ideas and tailoring the message to the audience
- A deep understanding of TV and digital media strategy / formats and platform distribution.
- Knowledge of organic vs. paid content distribution across platforms.
- Keen ability to inspire others and lead collaboratively within a matrix environment.
- Passion for making work that stands out and makes a difference for our audience.
- Understanding and interest in the application of commercial partnerships on digital and social platforms.
We’d love if you also had these:
- Experience with analysis and deriving insights from data
- Flair for design is always useful.
- Experience of working for global news brands is a plus.
- Start-up experience launching a new product within a large media company or independent start-up
- Experience working on partnerships that run in multiple territories and in different languages.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.