Lead Client Partner
- Toronto, Canada
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
This team is full of people who are proactive in engaging clients and driving new business. We value self starters, problem solvers, collaborators and grit! Work with agency partners to solve brand marketing challenges across a number of different solutions.
Role x You
***PLEASE NOTE: This is a contract opportunity with the expected end date of December 2021.
You are a passionate sales executive who wants to be part of a revenue driven, client centric media and content sales team to sell across Vice Media Group (Vice, Refinery29, Viceland).
In this role, you’re required to hit quarterly personal and team revenue goals through integrated sales (content, media, influencer, experiential, and more). Reporting to the VP of Client Partnerships, you’ll generate opportunities weekly, via prospecting and responding to RFPs whether through media agencies and/or brand direct. You will present responses to clients and educate the marketplace on Vice Media Group offerings. Consistently developing account strategies to expand and optimize sales territory and understanding client needs and expectations.
You have these:
- Minimum 7+ years in media sales
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as presentation skills
- Established client-direct and agency contacts in several of the following verticals: CPG, Retail, Fashion, Beauty, Auto, Spirits, QSR, Tech, Pharma, Wellness, Cannabis
- Ability to access and transact with C-Suite and executive decision makers
- Expert in media strategy, custom content, experiential, talent activations, and social
- Expert in media and advertising industry, and what youth media publishers are doing in the marketplace
- Deep understanding and ability to articulate the Vice Media Group ecosystem and brand ethos
- Consultative and proactive sales approach, understanding how to identify business problems and translate into actionable opportunities for clients
- Self-starter who has experience developing a revenue strategy that enables him/her to hit or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Back to top