Vice is looking for IT Support Technision.
The Role :
The role of the IT Support Technician is to ensure the smooth operation of the systems that are used by staff, freelancers and independent contractors. You will be expected to provide timely, courteous and professional service to all end users at all times. You will also be expected to have a proactive approach to the job at hand, assessing and finding problems before they become an issue.
You will be the first port of call for IT issues within the building or remotely, dealing with issues or escalating them as needed. You will also be required to be well researched; and constantly be improving your own knowledge of internal systems and processes as well as emerging technology to better inform the business and provide assistance to the company as both an assistant and advisor.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 1st line support for users within the business.
- Be available for off-hours support, based on a rotating team schedule.
- Implementation of structure cabling and wire management.
- Working with Microsoft & Mac OS.
- Support users with any technical requirement, both internally and remote.
- Workstation maintenance and configuration.
- Application support for Mac OS and Windows, Including but not limited to: Office, Adobe, G Suite Apps, VPN Clients.
- Active directory user administration.
- SSO / IAM administration - level 1.
- G Suite administration - level 1.
- Printer installation and maintenance.
- Manage communications systems, such as phone system & mobile phones.
- Support implementation of user training programs.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Assisting with the implementation of new applications.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Facilitating new user on-boarding and orientation.
- Provisioning, imaging / re-imaging of computers.
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time; and personal time management.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety.
- Maintaining records of software licences.
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Keeping Vice at the fore-front of technology and being a source of information for the business.
- To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time, determined by the needs of the business.
- To be an ambassador for the business at all times.