- New York, NY
About VICE MEDIA GROUP
An international media company that captures people at the heart of stories, and focuses on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. Launched in 1994, VICE operates in 35 cities across the globe, making 1500 pieces of content every day with a focus on five lines of business: VICE Digital, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICELAND, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world.
Since 2006, we’ve used our entertainment DNA to help brands capture the attention of their audiences with work that speaks to our most primal instincts of pleasure, attraction and delight. We believe in commanding, not demanding; entertaining, not interrupting; contributing, not leaching. Because brands should add to the world they want to be a part of — not distract from it.
With presence in 21 countries, we craft campaigns, platforms, and IP for some of the most important brands on the planet. Using proprietary tools, access, and intelligence, we find new ways for brands to matter to the world through an entertainment-centric approach that plunges its hooks into audiences’ subconscious and refuses to let go.
Virtue is behind the Cannes-Lions award-winning Carlings adDRESS the Future and Q, the Genderless Voice; the award-winning Google Chrome's Don’t Be A Browser’ and Park MGM’s Las Vegas Love Stories; and Weedmaps’ Museum of Weed, Dove’s Dear Future Dads, and so much more...
Reporting into the HR Business Partner in the Virtue line of business, the HR coordinator will be responsible for supporting all functions, such as providing guidance, support, and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of the Human Resources department. As the first point of contact for general staff questions, the HR coordinator should be approachable and confident, with a keen focus in problem solving and team work. The HR coordinator will also support the Global Director of Talent Acquisition at Virtue, with sourcing candidates and managing recruitment workflows.
- Partner directly with the HR team in organizing, managing, coordinating and directing the operations and functions of Virtue employees
- Work with Compensation, Payroll, and HRIS teams to process employee changes in Workday
- Act as HR business partner liaison between HR and Payroll for all employment events (e.g. new hires, terminations, promotions, etc.) and each payroll cycle
- Interpret, assist and advise employees in regards to federal employment forms, leave management, benefit administration and HR procedures and policies
- Organize and supervise the maintenance of employee records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality
- Fulfill reporting and analytics requests as directed; assist with extracting reports from Workday
- Support HR business partner team during recurring initiatives including compensation and performance review cycles
- Perform I-9 employment verification and track background screening results; complete verifications of employment
- Serve as the first point of contact for general employee populations questions; monitor the HR mailbox ensuring a timely reply to all inquiries
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook and contribute to the development of policies
- Support visa and immigration matters ensuring our immigration files are accurate
- Maintain project trackers and associated materials
- Enter open positions within Greenhouse and prep ATS portal for open roles
- Review candidate applications and actively source as needed
- Schedule, coordinate, and maintain interview schedules
- Perform phone screens, as needed
- Coordinate onboarding processes, including updating Virtue welcome deck and desk set-ups.
- Assist team with additional coordination support as needed
- Complete special projects as required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 year of HR experience – recruitment and payroll a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently on a broad variety of projects
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills, especially in MS Suite, G-Suite and Keynote
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills mandatory
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work.
Back to top