Head of Product & User Experience
VICE Media is seeking a Head of Product and UX reporting to the President of Digital to lead the definition, design, development and deployment of best-in-class web, mobile, and connected products.
- Define and articulate the company’s digital product and user experience strategy by developing compelling and creative experiences that meet consumer intent and business needs
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team of product managers and user experience designers
- Drive a design-centric culture and modern practices for product development that motivate the team to create compelling work with functional agility
- Align the product roadmap with consumer and market needs, creating elegant product solutions amidst technical constraints
- Work closely with senior management, editorial, video, sales and technology stakeholders to understand business realities, technology capabilities and creative competitive landscape
- Act as thought leader for the department by harnessing the passion of our audiences and establishing and articulating a vision for world class UX that meets their needs through end-to-end customer journeys
- Support high velocity new product delivery by directly contributing to conceptualizing and producing designs, style guides, wireframes, prototypes, beautiful comps, test hypotheses, and documented recommendations
- Partner with Head of Engineering and technology teams to prioritize development efforts across a portfolio and lead successful, iterative deployments
- Partner with Strategy and Business Development teams in evaluating, cultivating and negotiating new platform and distribution partnership opportunities for audience and revenue growth
- Actively contribute to the team’s ability to execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively across video, transactional, advertising, content management and next gen products
- Advocate for data driven product and design decisions through continuous experimentation ensuring that analytics, user testing and research are fully incorporated to product development efforts
- 10+ years designing and shipping web and native mobile applications including visual and interaction design as well as creating interactive prototypes
- Proven ability to lead high performing teams attracting, coaching and developing talent
- Expert on and evangelist around modern forms of product discovery, product planning, product development, and customer delivery processes
- Extensive knowledge of product and UX methodologies, tools, data and competitive analysis
- Track record understanding how youth audiences and consumers think, behave and thrive as a foundation for building solutions acquiring, activating and retaining them
- Solid background in discovering, designing and creating world-class product experiences for both rich media and non-media products
- Champion of modern consumer-facing and backend software technologies to create feasible solutions meeting business objectives
- Proficient in design thinking, lean startup methodologies, agile processes and spring planning
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience with immersive interactive design across a variety of screens and transactional models
- Experience designing for virtual reality and augmented reality experiences
- Superior leadership skills - an inspirational influencer able to help people see value in new ways of thinking and doing
- Self-starter who is energetic and enthusiastic, confident, adaptable and customer-oriented
- Technophile at heart
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top