Director of Multimedia Growth and Optimization
VICE seeks a strategic and analytics-driven leader to drive multi-platform audience growth for our video content. This role will oversee a team of analysts responsible for providing actionable insights to support the success of our content & audience strategy, platform-native asset optimization, and growth goals.
- Drive thought-leadership and execution of VICE’s video audience growth strategy.
- Oversee the end-to-end distribution of VICE multimedia assets across all platforms (Social video platforms, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc).
- Manage programming strategy, video optimization, and viewership growth for existing and newly created VICE digital channels.
- Drive discipline of collaborating with production and post production teams to A/B test assets to drive performance.
- Spearhead YouTube & Facebook channel growth, fan acquisition, planning and scheduling, branding, and asset optimization.
- Overse analysis of site-wide and social audience data and viewing trends/behavior.
- Derive insights from analytics tools to provide recommendations that drive viewership and audience engagement.
- Work cross-functionally with data analysts, digital production executives, social media and marketing teams, product/systems managers, etc.
- Collaborate with video stakeholders to develop recurring reporting deliverables on the impact of series rollouts and content optimization efforts against benchmarks.
- Oversee tracking & achievement of all video-specific audience growth goals.
- Coordinate with international territories to share best practices around YouTube channel execution and audience insights.
- Work with product teams on the planning and implementation of projects that support video growth functions, while identifying, documenting and communicating technical issues and discrepancies as needed.
- Proven track record of growing audiences for video content across all platforms.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in digital analytics, marketing, research at a digital media company.
- Expert knowledge of digital video distribution strategies across platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and O&O environments.
- Experience with subscriber and audience acquisition strategies across social platforms.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations using tools like - YouTube Analytics, Google Analytics, Adobe Suite, TubularLabs, Domo, etc. experience/certification a plus.
- Experience with a/b testing & form factor optimization.
- Demonstrated leadership with an ability to manage a team of 5+ direct reports.
- Quick thinking, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top