Reporting to the SVP, Marketing + Creative, the Director, Merchandise will be responsible for leading the big picture global strategy, day to day project management and marketing efforts for all merch opportunities for Vice and its core properties to drive significant incremental revenue for the company and increase brand awareness. Through a combination of direct to consumer programs and bespoke licensing collaborations, this is an exciting opportunity for VICE to expand its core business to the retail space with a thoughtful, creative leader who has the vision and cred to make this a huge success. Results will be measured against increased revenue, enhanced market presence and maximizing global partner relationships.
- Set revenue goals, global strategy and well-orchestrated plan of attack to build out and grow merchandise opportunities for Vice, Viceland, key digital brands (e.g. Broadly, Munchies, Noisey, Motherboard, etc) and Old Blue Last for maximum market impact.
- Source, vet and negotiate / execute deals with appropriate partners for licensing deals, oversee day-to-day contact and project management, manage and maximize existing account base, develop category strategies to efficiently secure new business.
- Lead Vice’s global e-commerce strategy – setting vision, goals and continually adjusting approach as the market appetite is tested for maximum revenue potential.
- Develop and manage all merch marketing programs – including leveraging all touchpoints in the Vice ecosystem to boost e-commerce and licensing collabs, creating pop up retail experiences, and finding opportunities to piggyback on existing promotional activity.
- Strike the right balance in the licensee mix among product categories against the Vice properties with most revenue potential.
- Work closely with internal creative team to develop all product designs and workshop most effective ideas to drive revenue and market growth. For licensing deals, work cross-departmentally with Vice creative team and externally with licensees to facilitate all product development.
- Work closely with the following departments: Vice LOB stakeholders, Marketing, Creative, International, Legal and Finance to ensure best possible support of all franchises.
- Responsible for the development of plans and strategies to grow business and yearly revenue.
- Set and track priorities consistent with best practices and expected revenue growth.
- 7-10 years of experience in consumer products licensing and / or direct to consumer merchandising.
- Solid business acumen and strategic thinker who can effectively make the case for taking calculated risk.
- Superlative taste, on the pulse of culture and fashion trends, deep understanding of business drivers of the landscape, and deep familiarity with various product categories
- Incredibly organized self-starter with an energetic, active approach who can easily navigate a complex organization, identify new opportunities and and push existing partners to success
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally across all levels of an organization to deliver cohesive ideas and measurable results.
- Strong leadership and project management skills with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude. No job should feel too big or too small.
- Impeccable attention to detail and creative judgment with a superhuman ability to multi-task and prioritize in an incredibly fast paced environment.
- A passion for the VICE brand with a vision for where it’s heading and ideas around how to meet it’s full potential.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top