Director, Creative & Client Strategy
VICE is seeking a branded content expert to further establish our position as APAC’s leaders in authentic branded content.
The ideal candidate will be equally fluent in the realms of content and commercial.
You will have proven and extensive experience in the delivery of best in class branded video and editorial content, across multiple digital formats and platforms, and across the APAC region.
You will be a source of interesting, entertaining, and groundbreaking ideas that serve both our audience and our clients, and be able to shape a strategic narrative that makes our pitches irresistible to clients. You will also be able to hold sway in a room (or zoom) full of senior clients.
You will be a natural leader, with exceptional teamwork skills, and an unbridled interest and enthusiasm for youth culture and everything the VICE brand(s) represents. You will also possess solid management skills, salesmanship, a strong understanding of digital advertising and media, and an eye for creative excellence and a deep understanding of the production process.
With a small and brilliant team of creatives and client strategists reporting into you, you will be responsible for maintaining a gold standard for our pitches, increasing conversion rates and continually evolving our commercial offering in line with the market and our client needs.
- Leadership and oversight of our strategic and creative responses to a high volume of briefs and RFPs coming in to the teams across the APAC region, primarily focussed around branded content partnerships that are activated across our digital ecosystem.
- Get heavily involved in significantly sized VICE pitches across the region, driving the strategy, ideas, presentation and pitch in concert with sales.
- Work with other departments including production and client services to elevate the quality, sharability, watchability, and authenticity of all VICE partner content across APAC.
- Develop and evolve our commercial offering and pioneer new formats and approaches that keep us ahead of other publishers in the eyes of clients.
- Oversee and manage the workflow for VICE pitches in the region through WIPs, consistent catch-ups with sales teams, and daily communication with your creative and strategy teams.
- Collaborate with other teams on large scale VICE partnership opportunities, and develop key tentpole creative products in partnership with editorial teams for the regional salesforce to monetize.
- Our ideal candidate has 8+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably with a publisher, or alternatively with a branded content agency, in-house content team or production company.
- A deep and demonstrated understanding of youth culture across music, fashion, travel, and pop culture.
- A deep understanding of video content and entertainment.
- Strong experience with audience insights and strategic development.
- Experience across a range of APAC markets.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work under tight deadlines while balancing multiple projects;
Back to top