Director, Cash Forecasting & Analysis
- New York, NY
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
The Treasury Department is very dynamic and reactive to market activities and needs of the organization. Being a partner to all teams within the company, creates exposure to a wide range of requirements and is fundamental to this group. We play a central role within the company, globally responsible for the liquidity for all entities. We are responsible for managing all bank relationships, cash management activities, and developing risk management strategies.
Role x You
Supporting a vital department within the Finance Team for a dynamic global organization is where this role will take you. Primary responsibilities will include lead all efforts to review, evaluate, and improve on existing cashflow forecasting methodologies.
Ongoing role to receive regional forecasts weekly in an effort to consolidate provide reporting to senior management. Upon review, work with local controllers on variance analysis for suggested improvements as required. Prepare consolidated cashflow forecast and presentation, which provides executive management insights into cash variances versus prior forecasts and periods.
In an effort for continuous improvement, prepare metrics to monitor and measure the working capital and cashflow efficiency related to operational areas of focus. Based on data gathered, help to determine foreign currency exposures and work with Director of Treasury to mitigate.
You have these:
- 5-7 years of experience with focus on Cashflow Forecast for a global multi-national company
- Strong understanding of cash flow concepts/principles and forecasting a must
- Excellent communication, analytical, written and interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with global finance teams
- Established record in managing multiple and competing priorities. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit analytical, process management and communication skills, including report writing and presentation
- Requires proactive interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills; attention to detail is necessary
- Ability to work independently and interface with multiple management levels
- Strong sense of personal responsibility with an ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Work in a team environment while adapting to varied and changing responsibilities in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office
We’d love if you also had these:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting, advanced degree preferred
- FP&A experience a plus
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Back to top