Development Producer, VICE Digital
VICE is currently seeking a strong Development Producer for VICE Digital. The ideal candidate will have experience developing experimental, and unique digital series and formats both for site and socials and creating ideas from scratch and turning them into video concepts. Development experience as a writer/producer/coordinator of original unscripted content at a production company or digital media company is a must. Any candidate must have a clear understanding of the Vice brand and style. Sample work/links are required, as is a full resume and professional references.
- Pitch, research, and generate new series ideas and concepts that are in line with the Vice brand
- Oversee casting and work with potential talent for video concepts
- Must have knowledge of unique to source talent
- Collaborate with teams across multiple sites to build in-depth pitch materials
- Ability to communicate effectively with talent and agents
- Demonstrate strong writing ability and clear, concise thinking.
- Must be a self-starter
Experience / Education
- 2 years at a proven production company or network with previous Development experience (shortform, social, digital, documentary)
- Producing experience a bonus.
- Strong writing and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, creative personalities and outside parties.
- Must be able to translate brand identity into pitch concepts and ideas
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with a high volume workload
- Extensive knowledge of the digital and media industry
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top