Data Analyst, Operational Analytics
VICE Media’s Global Business Analytics (GBA) team enables and evolves efficient data informed decisions around our content, audience, product and revenue generation. We want you to be a part of our success!
As a key owner of VICE’s one version of the truth reporting, you are passionate about empowering global business decisions to be more efficient, effective and data informed. As a partner for leveraging analytics in day to day decisions, you seek to master the capabilities of our tools, use cases of our metrics, applications of VICE’s analytics, and potential of our data. Continuously pushing knowledge boundaries, you will share expertise in our tools and reporting, training users from basic to advanced usage. You maintain relationships with hundreds of business users across the company, owning a roadmap of key reports and information needed to expand VICE’s decision making capabilities. You will partner with the Head of Global Business Analytics to translate business requirements into effective solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide visualizations and other solutions to increase the applied value of our data and reduce the risk of VICE’s operational analytics ecosystem
- Identify, build and manage dashboards and metrics within our Global reporting tool, DOMO, increasing confidence, usability and actionability of our outputs
- Conduct global trainings for operational analytics usage, improving user’s ability to reach decisions around where we are and where we’re going as a company
- Strive to become the subject matter expert between business teams and VICE’s data potential within the VICE Data Warehouse
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 or more years of business intelligence, data analytics, or data engineering work
- Strong SQL skills (scripting languages like Python or R are a plus)
- Experience with BI analytics tools like Tableau, Excel/PowerPivot and sisense (DOMO a plus)
- Excited about entering into a fast-paced, high growth, environment within a newly formed Global Business Analytics team
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top