Communications Strategy Director (Virtue)
The Communications Strategy Director leads a team of comms strategists within our integrated strategy department and helps define our comms offerings within the agency. They have a mix of media knowhow, cultural insight, and experience in working with creative campaigns at creative agencies to help shape how breakthrough work can, well, breakthrough in the world.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works to define and implement comms offerings within the agency on new business pitches and all accounts.
- Leads team of comms strategists to help ensure each project has a clear framework and plan of how to achieve goals.
- Works closely with brand strategy, intelligence/data strategy to bring integrated strategic thinking to every project.
- Collaborates with creative department to help shape campaigns and idea roll outs.
- Is able to represent comms offerings in new business pitches.
- Works to develop breakthrough ideas for key accounts, along with new business.
- Understands clients’ businesses work across multiple verticals and can create long and short-term strategies that help reach business goals.
- Owns, manages, and runs the strategy on multiple accounts seamlessly --- you are comfortable overseeing a team and have done so before.
- Manages and mentors junior strategists on the team – being the person on the team they strive to be like.
- Always strives to make the work better.
- Constantly looks for ways to bring our briefs and frameworks to the next level, and increase visibility of the team within the agency, and across clients.
EXPERIENCE + SKILLSET
- 10+ years of relevant experience, especial experience leading teams.
- Has experience in working with creative teams, on creative campaigns, in creative agencies beyond just media experience.
- Understands how the comms discipline operates in an integrated agency.
- Is able to work autonomously and entrepreneurially on a variety of assignments.
- Can originate groundbreaking thinking based own data and findings
- Can develop an insight or framework that becomes fundamental to our client’s business and worldview
- Can adapt approach in real-time to ensure a winning outcome, regardless of the situation or dynamic
- Can lead a group and contribute meaningfully to the growth and well-being of every person connected to them, while realizing an ambitious shared goal.
- Works on the most complex, and largest client opportunities.
- Has the respect and ear of SVP+ clients.
- Leads pitches on our largest agency-changing opportunities
- You are building on all the things you’ve learned and accomplished thus far in your career and helping to grow and shape our business by applying them.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and still write briefs/decks/frameworks.
- You work as a unit with your account and creative partners.
- You represent the agency at industry events.
- You are an essential part of the agency’s growth and future.