Commercial Art Director
THE VICE Design Studio is a multidisciplinary team building the art direction, graphics and visuals from pre-sale to post-production for commercial partner pitches and productions, VICE verticals, editorial IP, custom media and corporate/internal initiatives.
The Design Studio strives to create groundbreaking visuals for all VICE properties and brand partner programs. We are a close team that loves to keep a positive culture, be solution oriented, collaboration and respect.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in leading the VICE Design Studio, under the direction of the Sr. Director of Design, creating innovative visual executions, and elevating the communication design of VICE as a whole, leading the charge in VICE’s commercial lens.
- Help shape the visual/graphic language across client programs from pitch to post-production, mixing strong and exciting art direction, design thinking in a multitude of formats, and shaping concepts to fit with VICE and our partners' goals
- Work closely with our designers, animators, creatives, editors, sales team, producers and commercial leads both pre- and post-sale
- Use your strong knowledge of motion graphics and animation productions to plan timelines, pricing for animated & graphic/photo driven initiatives
- Create and oversee as junior designers create keynote pitches for clients
- 4-5 years of work at a publisher, agency or other relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are integral, with excitement and passion for design and media.
- Ability to assist colleagues in defining and expressing a visual direction in a highly-collaborative and exciting workplace.
- Managing and welcoming feedback to drive programs forward
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills, helping strategize visual direction across multiple mediums to help solve client challenges and needs.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Vice brand and its properties
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite--Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- Passion and strong knowledge of all digital platform functionality
- Video production knowledge
- Knowledge of experiential program production
- Expert level in in Keynote and Powerpoint
- Proficiency and experience of optimizing designs for online
- Proficiency and experience in print production
- Working knowledge of motion graphics (Adobe After Effects, C4D etc)
- Strong knowledge of photography & retouching
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Back to top