ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
VICE is looking for a Video Publishing Associate Strategist to develop and execute publishing strategy across platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
This position will include a focus on packaging and design strategy to generate high engagement across properties, will utilize data to inform decisions and will require close collaboration with producers to ensure that VICE’s content is released in innovative and effective ways across all of VICE’s platforms.
The successful candidate must be able to navigate a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment with efficiency and maturity. We’re looking for an innovative thinker who is enthusiastic about social video and all things VICE — someone who is packaging obsessed and possesses the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Create high quality thumbnails, titles, copy, memes, gifs, and AP other creative assets to drive growth across all social
- Manage departmental workflow, optimize processes around scheduling and publishing of videos and links across social
- Build video programming strategies that build retentive audiences across platforms with a strong focus on YouTube and
- Be a creative expert on how audience behaviors change from platform-to-platfom: lead adaptation and extension of creative concepts across Facebook, Instagram and Drive platform-specificity into the creative process.
- Reinvigorate our back catalogue content to drive new views to our
- Use knowledge of online video consumption habits to publish videos and links in the most effective way, ensuring maximum reach and impact
- Create and implement a strategy for promoting VICE’s commercial and editorial video content across all VICE Facebook pages (U.S. and International) and YouTube
- Lead brainstorms and work cross-departmentally to create optimized video content
- Execute experiments across social platforms and build a dynamic test and learn feedback loop between the biggest audiences and world-class creatives at
- 1-2+ years of experience online writing/editing/curating/APing on the web
- Photoshop skills are a Premiere or video editing is a plus.
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Strong administrative and operational skills to ensure that all videos are being delivered on
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with content and programming strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystems and how to upload and optimize to each
- Experience using platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and And furthermore can organize all assets across these platforms.
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video’s performance
- Flexibility with prioritization and goals as roles and responsibilities may shift according to the needs of the
- No formal cover letters, Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted across VICE’s YouTube channels (published within the last year) that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.