Art Director, Branded Editorial & Interactive
The Art Director, Branded Editorial & Interactive is a senior-level creative leader who can combine broad, conceptual thinking with proven digital expertise. In this role, you’ll develop interactive experiences and art assets in pre- and post-sale that are part of VICE’s branded editorial and interactive campaigns. You’ll build, manage, and create unforgettable digital experiences for our clients and prospects. You’ll work closely with other art directors, creative leads, our commercial studio team and Director, Branded Editorial to ensure every experience is compelling and on-brand. You’ll also collaborate with in-house web developers and external agencies, serving as a liaison between VICE and its internal and external partners.
Branded experience. Understand the VICE brand(s) and translate that into best-in-class interactive, digital experiences that are distinctly VICE; create VICE’s interactive voice.
Digital expertise. Strong digital art background with hands-on production capability and a thorough understanding of interactive design processes, techniques and best practices.
- Educate internal teams on ways of working, resourcing, processes, and best practices for interactive products
- Be the go-to expert on all things digital and interactive within VICE Digital
- Create internal guidelines and maintain an interactive style guide to ensure superior design quality and user experience
Creativity. You’re a maverick thinker familiar with innovative work in the marketplace that will act as a creative catalyst for all tiers of branded editorial and interactive campaigns.
- Guide junior creatives and graphic designers on creating beautiful, effective interactive experiences.
- Develop new creative solutions within existing infrastructure, and new platform solutions outside our current offering
Collaborative nature. You work well with internal and external teams.
- Consult with internal teams and clients themselves to deliver a sellable visual strategy, adding POV to schedule and budget considerations.
- Work with outside vendors to support interactive experiences
- Present ideas persuasively to internal and external partners
Analytics savvy. You’re well-versed in tracking/reporting project analytics and able to apply lessons learned to assess digital campaigns and recommend improvements to meet business and creative goals.
- 5-7 years as a Senior Designer or Art Director at a publisher or agency
- Mastery of digital storytelling across interactive, including mobile
- Excellent conceptual skills and design sensibility
- Proven creative, verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, JS, Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, CMS systems, mobile applications, Keynote
- Working knowledge of motion graphics (Adobe After Effects)
- Basic photography experience
- Visual asset management experience
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of VICE Media's Employees
Director of Digital Marketing, VICELAND
Tyler and his team ensure that VICE fans can easily find, watch, and share cool content across all social media platforms.
Back to top