Accounting Manager, VICELAND
VICE was launched in 1994 as a 'punk zine' and has since expanded into a leading global youth media company with bureaus in over 30 countries. VICE operates the world’s premier original online video destination, VICE.COM, an international network of digital channels, a television production studio, a magazine, a record label, an in-house creative services agency and a book-publishing division. VICE’s digital channels include Creators, dedicated to the arts and creativity, Motherboard, covering cultural happenings in technology, and Noisey, a music discovery channel. To date, VICE boasts over 60 established shows that cover everything from current events to sex to investigative reporting to music to kittens.
Viceland, a line of business under Vice Media, seeks a motivated, and experienced Accounting Manager who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join our team. The ideal candidate will report directly to the US Controller and support the Viceland CFO. The job duties involve a mix of month-end close functions, financial reporting, technical analysis, and business support. This position offers tremendous growth opportunity for the right candidate.
- Managing accounting and general ledger activities for Viceland’s US TV Programming and Operations verticals, including reviewing ledgers for accuracy and preparing reconciliations
- Preparing journal entries, focusing mainly on expense accruals, re-classes, indirect overhead allocations, and intercompany transactions
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assisting in preparing monthly internal reporting and analysis for the senior management team
- Reviewing monthly results and performing P&L fluctuation analysis
- Performing ad-hoc analysis including support for evaluation of deals
- Assisting the Controller with managing year-end audit requests
- Implementing processes and timelines to ensure deadlines are met for Vice’s corporate close schedule
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasts
- Oversight of 1 team member
- Other duties as needed
Successful candidates will have:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Public and private accounting experience, and CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP particularly relating to revenue recognition and multiple element arrangements, and an understanding of intercompany transactions and processes
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to work well with people across multiple business functions outside of accounting and finance
- Strong excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs, Netsuite a plus
- An ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A good balance of being detail-oriented and understanding the ‘bigger picture’
- A desire to work on different facets of the finance and accounting operations of the company - this is not a role that will just focus on one area
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.
Back to top