Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
We are seeking a VP of Content Strategy: Quota Compliance to lead P+'s efforts to meet content quota requirements across all their international territories. This role will play a key role in our content strategy, ensuring that we build and execute on our compliance strategy, with the goal of attaining all regulatory requirements. This individual will partner with multiple teams in our organization on this goal but will be the central architect of this ongoing initiative.
Reporting to the SVP of Content Strategy in New York, this is a key role on the international streaming content team that will help complete our service for all our international P+ markets. We are looking for an experienced and innovative candidate that has a proven record of collaboration and leadership working multiple teams across the company, as well as stakeholder management at all levels.
- Ongoing liaison with the Business and Legal Affairs and Government Relations teams on the interpretation, prediction, documentation, and communications of regulatory requirements across all P+ territories. Monitor upcoming changes and forecast potential impacts to our business.
- Create and communicate the criteria recommendations to the Originals Production and Acquisitions teams to ensure that new programming qualifies for Broadcasting and/or Investment, quotas. Act as a resource in the greenlight discussions to verify the proper qualifications.
- Partner closely with the finance team on modelling and forecasting programming budgets to meet broadcasting and investment quotas
- Establish and maintain our quota standard methodologies, based on findings, for all regions to use as a guide
- Work across the organization to identify creative solutions to help meet quota requirements. Leverage existing programming assets
- Monitor competitive SVOD services practices and compliance performance.
- Identify and monitor internal monitoring tools with Content Operations team to ensure we have accurate and practical live compliance reporting capabilities.
- Work with the central and local marketing teams to meet any content prominence requirements in our P+ user experience
- Drive continued process improvement by proactively developing and implementing new strategies to meet the dynamic quota changes across all our regions.
- Build and lead a team of 2+ individuals in all our quota compliance activities.
- Encourage innovative thoughts and behavior and serves as an example to all staff employees.
- Acts in an ethical manner and always adheres to the Paramount code of conduct policies.
- Travel up to 10% of the time may be necessary.
- Bachelor's degree and/or applicable experience; Master's degree a plus.
- 10+ years' experience in increasingly senior roles overseeing diverse and growing content businesses.
- Possesses the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload
- Ability to understand regulatory and policy framework related to broadcast and/or production quotas
- Firm understanding of the production financing process, including budgets, tax incentives, and funding scenarios.
- Skills to translate complex legal and regulatory into practical steps.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to influence and work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Familiarity with traditional and digital audience data, streaming technologies, digital asset management, and scheduling tools.
- Proven success demonstrating data to inform content and programming strategies
- Understand complex licensing, co-production and/or business development agreements
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and thoughtfull
Hiring Salary Range: $215,000.00 - 221,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City