Pluto TV, a Paramount Company, is the leading free streaming television service delivering hundreds of live linear channels and thousands of titles on-demand to a global audience of nearly 68 million monthly active users. The Emmy ® award-winning service curates a diverse line-up of channels, in partnership with nearly 400 international media companies, offering a wide array of genres, languages, and categories featuring movies, television series, sports, news, lifestyle, kids, and much more. Pluto TV can be easily accessed and streamed across mobile, web, and connected TV devices. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV's growing international footprint extends across three continents and more than 30 countries and territories.
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks, and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV, and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution, and advertising solutions.
Are you a hardworking Agile program manager looking to join a rapidly expanding PMO? We are seeking an individual with strong technical skills, experience in Agile methodologies, and a track record of motivating teams to deeper levels of agility and self-organization.
Individuals should be highly skilled Agile program management professionals, great teammates, lifelong learners, and phenomenal communications, with a passion for servant-leadership. Your primary responsibility will be serving as the scrum master for two of our Agile development teams, building out Pluto TV's app on iOS and tvOS.
This is an important role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Agile Best Practices: Manage day-to-day Agile ceremonies at the team level.
- Cross Team Communication: Drive cross-team communication and transparency by providing accurate and proactive team tracking to the larger organization.
- Impediment Removal: Actively identify and remove impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables. Partner with PMO leadership to manage program impediments.
- Program Planning: Participating in quarterly big-room planning, working across the program management office to resolve and plan for cross-team dependencies. Facilitate your assigned teams to make responsible commitments and negotiate competing priorities.
- Relentless Improvement: Lead regular team-level retrospectives that lead to practical improvements and participate in larger cross-team inspect and adapt events.
- Development Team Relationship: Work within your assigned teams to cultivate healthy and productive working relationships and encourage an environment of mutual respect.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
- Min of 2 years experience as an Agile project manager/scrum master building complex software-based systems from inception to release, including coordinating cadence-based releases.
- Knowledge of Agile principles. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification is recommended. Agile certifications such as PMI-ACP, CSP, SPC4 (or higher), or SA are highly desired.
- Solid understanding of Agile software development methodologies, with demonstrated success leveraging those methodologies to deliver high-quality software products.
- Experience working as part of a larger PMO to deliver complex solutions, working through an Agile process to call out issues, remove impediments, and manage risk.
- Experience resolving conflicts within the development team.
- Experience managing expectations, negotiating compromises, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners with client-facing experience.
- Experience working on Native apps, Apple iOS/tvOS - Mobile, OTT/CTV applications, and an understanding of linear channels and AVOD.
- Familiarity with the Scaled Agile Framework is a plus.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles