Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
** This is a remote role.
Scope of Job: Paramount+ is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Core Web development team, who encompasses strong technical knowledge with extensive experience in designing and developing scalable web applications. The role will be hands-on and contribute to the global Paramount+ web application development and instrumentation. We're a team that values software that exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability, extensibility and foundational robustness.
- Design, build and support scalable and innovative Core Web framework and core components
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to lead through all aspects of the development cycle
- Monitor and improve application performance
- Work across multiple agile teams
- Collaborate and mentor engineers
- Partner with our frontend, backend engineering, and DevOps teams to build and deploy successful services
- Help build a culture of good engineering processes and practices
- Work in all phases of software development
- Run and optimize application dependencies
- Continuously improve CI/CD pipeline
- Design and build A/B test features
- 5+ years of experience with web application development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Good experience developing apps with VueJS and/or React (preferably with SSR)
- Experience with Unit Testing technologies in JS and PHP
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol and caching layers
- Proven knowledge of HTML DOM, Event APIs, Webpack, Git
- Experience with frameworks like Lumen, Symfony, Laravel, or Zend
- Experience with E2E frameworks
- Working knowledge of Docker, CI tools, and microservices
- Experience using Module Federation and/or other micro frontend tools/frameworks
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland