Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities
We at Paramount are hiring a Sr. Software Developer - Drupal for our End User Technology & Experience (EUT) Group within Paramount Technology! The EUT team focuses on delivering engaging and intuitive experiences to boost efficiency, transformation, and engagement at enterprise scale, while making sure adoption and change management provide continued improvement!
- Ensure that the project's Technical Lead and Dev Team receive the best possible technical solutions, and that those solutions fully meet the business objective and deliver functionality across several sites. Work with the Product owners to cooperate with the requirements and solutions.
- Improve the quality of Drupal development. Propose, scope, design, and implement various business requirements for Drupal Site.
- Handle CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments, follow efficient practices, perform retrospectives, code, and standard reviews.
- Deploy and maintain essential applications on Acquia hosted Drupal.
- Provide day-to-day application-level support for production incidents and L3 support.
- Collaborate with other Tech platforms and partners to engineer coordinated, end-to-end support frameworks across technology layers.
- Anticipate future needs and technology evolution and propose/participate in implementation of new solutions.
- Experience with Drupal and/or complex PHP projects. Hands-on coding experience on Acquia Cloud IDE or similar for PHP coding.
- Deep knowledge of different layers of technology involved, like Akamai or other CDN configuration; NewRelic or other monitoring tools; SEIM products like SumoLogic or similar; Acquia hosted Drupal, Acquia cloud, Acquia Site Studio, Acquia BLT, etc.
- Exposure to a Web-based Content Management System.
- 4+ years of developing Acquia hosted Drupal applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Adept at collaborating with teammates and partners. Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Fixing/problem-solving capabilities. Flexible and able to handle frequently shifting priorities.
- Ability to develop, review, test, and deploy custom Drupal modules. Performance and scalability benchmarking and profiling.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create, to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City