Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
CBS Interactive is seeking a hardworking, self-motivated software quality analyst to join our Readiness & Release (R&R) team to handle all aspects of readiness testing (functional, exploratory, regression, etc.) across a large multiplatform environment. This individual will be teaming with various teams (product, engineering, and quality) by assisting with the development of processes and tools that allow the organization to excel in its continuous software development initiatives.
As code is being delivered multiple times per day, test coverage is essential in allowing product to deliver quick to market while maintaining the high level of quality our consumers deserve across our many diverse platforms. Come join a growing team!
- Work on product/project teams developing test plans and test cases
- Operate in an agile software delivery methodology focused on testing new features within an iteration and providing near immediate feedback to engineers through relevant test case execution
- Build test cases and execute tests manually in close collaboration with Software Test Engineers.
- Perform load / performance testing where applicable
- Performs Regression and Exploratory testing to verify Release Candidates (RC builds) are ready for app store submission and launch
- Communicate complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting many products on varied release cycles
- Be flexible and willing to learn both independently and with other team members.
- Strong knowledge of software quality practices and ability to learn & adopt emerging concepts
- Experience in *NIX operating systems
- Experience with version control systems (svn, git, stash)
- Proficient with continuous development tools and build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience with performance testing tools (jMeter, LoadRunner, etc.)
- Experience with cloud based architectures and tools (AWS, Microsoft, Google)
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies
- Knowledge of proxy tools (Charles, Fiddler, Httpwatch)
- Technical/working knowledge of information technology concepts, local and wide area networks, content delivery networks, database theory, and solid understanding on caching strategies
- TDD and BDD experience a plus
- Video playback, encoding, live stream and similar concepts a plus
- Experience testing Apple TV, Amazon FireTV and Android TV a plus
The ideal candidate would have a background in software testing and is premier in software quality standard processes. Additionally the candidate should have:
3+ years experience as a software quality assurance analyst role working in an agile environment
1+ years experience of performance and load testing
3+ years of website testing experience
3+ years of mobile testing experience (with Android & iOS)
2+ years of understanding and working experience with online advertising
Robust understanding of internet search engines, mapping tools, and social media for research and analysis
2+ years working with offshore resources
Experience working with online streaming video experiences (web, mobile & new technologies) a plus
Experience in the Media/Entertainment industry a plus
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related subject area. Combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City