Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Are you an engineer interested in new media, social activities and television? Paramount+ is developing the next generation of multimedia and cross-platform entertainment! The team at Paramount+ values software which exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability and foundational robustness.
Paramount Streaming seeks a Site Reliability Engineer for our online television and media-focused web properties. In this role, you will support our Kubernetes platform that serves our streaming products in the cloud. Our team seeks to produce Observability infrastructure that's fast, self-healing, and operates at a global scale. We aim to produce a platform that is both opinionated to reliability standard processes, while also providing best-in-class tooling for our engineering organization. This a great opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer to build systems that have that global reach, and which impact millions of users.
You have a passion for data, and seek to quantify all things! You thrive on designing systems with an eye towards scale, self-healing, and automation as your guiding principles. You love the challenges of monitoring at large scales, and are compelled by problems of analysis, and large-scale data collection. You are at home with system-engineering challenges and service-based architecture. You have experience with being on-call, and seek-out ways to improve the on-call rotation for the team.
- Provide support and guidance of the Observability platform, integrations, and best practices across multiple engineering teams.
- Build and manage Observability infrastructure for a global scale.
- Build self-healing and automated systems on Kubernetes.
- Design and build systems to collect, visualize, and store service health indicators.
- Design Observability tooling utilizing a hybrid of open-source and enterprise solutions.
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Implementing log collection and storage via Elasticsearch.
- Building visualizations for multiple services, utilizing different types of data sources.
- Working with Prometheus time-series data, producing metrics and integrations.
- Building and supporting robust event queues via Kafka.
- Work with our development teams to instrument their applications and capture events that support our global product deployment.
- 2+ years managing and monitoring Linux-based systems and services.
- 2+ years of Cloud systems experience with AWS/GCP using tools like Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- 2+ years' experience working with monitoring, logging, and visualization tooling, such as Prometheus, Elasticsearch, and Grafana.
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
- 2+ years' experience programming in a programming language such as Java, Python, Go
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Thanos, ArgoCD, Kafka, and/or Kibana
- On call experience
- Ability to collaborate across teams
Hiring Salary Range: $115,000.00 - 150,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City