Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
The Games & Emerging Media team at Paramount Global is seeking a senior manager to help drive growth across our organization!
This is an exciting and fast-growing division of the company responsible for the global games and emerging media business initiatives across Paramount's brands. This includes Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, MTV Entertainment, Star Trek, CBS and many others.
Reporting into the VP of Business Development, Games and Emerging Media, the senior manager of business development will be an experienced deal maker and salesperson. They will lead all aspects of and grow our games partnerships in line with the division goals and objectives. They will develop quarterly revenue estimates and budgets, negotiate and execute deals with new or renewing partnerships, lead and improve our existing account base, and ensure constant market/industry knowledge to keep ahead of trends and growth opportunities.
They will drive collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure maximum success and impact of the games category and supporting cross line of business objectives.
Overview & Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and execute new business initiatives
- Establish financials goals and business strategies to achieve them, providing input in overall short-term and long-range budget targets.
- Analyze, pitch, and negotiate new business deals and seek opportunities for growth across new product categories and retailers.
- Assist in all quarterly forecasts and business reviews. Monitor sales results to ensure revenues meet budgetary goals.
- Serve as primary driver to provide support, information, and materials for partners to improve development and sell in.
- Collaborate with business leaders, Franchise, Press, Global Gaming Production Team, Finance, Operations, Standards, and Legal to drive the category business strategies across all Paramount franchises.
- Handle day to day relationship with partners.
- Provide support in the contract management process.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Maintain weekly updates with internal and external partners to track performance, address issues and launch strategies.
- Implement new licensee set up including Deal Memo set up, D&B health checks, and Creative 101's
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years working in licensing/marketing/Consumer Product sales role
- Experience within the gaming industry
- Good understanding of Paramount brand positioning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent financial and analytic skills
- Strong time management skills and organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of the e-commerce landscape preferred
- Goal setter to meet department objectives and develops operational plans and processes
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative, and can work well both independently and with others
- Leads or contributes to complex projects and develops solutions
- Flexible and able to adapt to diverse projects and competing priorities
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City